HI Peeps

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by jayford, Jul 11, 2008.

1. jayford

jayford Bit Poster

Hi guys/gals

I'm a long time lurker first time poster and am taking the first step towards certifying as a MCITP Database Developer.

I'm currently in a support role job whose future is somewhat shaky. I love the thought that one day I too shall rise from lowly support guy to esteemed database developer .........:twisted: and please don't take offence at my use of the phrase "lowly support guy" as it is totally self depriciating given the absolute barebones training involved. Still, they gave me a job when I needed one and for that I am gratefull.

I am hoping to take my first exam at the end of october and as such really need to get my skates on and start absorbing the required knowledge. the great things about certifications is that, unlike a lot of the stuff taught at school, the knowledge gained working towards certification will actually be used to do the job the certification, in addition to other things, will get you. What better motivator to study is there than that :biggrin

Naturally I realise that the certification alone will not get me a job, but the feeling that you get from knowing that "you know this technology...WELL" is a wonderful feeling.....well at least it is for me.

So here goes nothing and I hope that come November I can come on here and say the magic words..." I passed".

Certifications: HND Computing, procrastination+
    WIP: MCITP Developer, Bsc Info & Comp
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Welcome :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  6. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Welcome to Cert Forums!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5