Hi, Newbie trying to find MCDST 70-272 in Northamptonshire

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by CSL, Apr 27, 2008.

1. CSL

CSL New Member

Hi,

Just joined forum and would like to know if anybody has completed the MCDST course 70-272.

I am currently enrolled on the 70-271 at the Tresham Institute at Wellingborough, but would like to enroll for the 70-272.

Any ideas, preferably in the Kettering, Northamptonshire area.

WIP: MCDST
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Mate,

Is your lecturer Dom? As the MCDST course held in W'boro @ Tresham is the full MCDST course and covers both the 70-271 & the 70-272.

Hope this helps :)

-Ken (lecturer on the MCSA/E modules)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

As far as I know there is only one MCDST course running at Tresham, and I'm teaching it. It is the full MCDST (70-271 & 70-272) as advertised. I have made reference to use skipping parts of the 272 that are common with the 271 (certainly there are large overlaps in the official MS books we are using) so I guess you missed that bit. :) We will be moving on to the 70-272 in about 3 weeks time.

See you tonight (assuming you are on my course.) :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Just a wee question Modey, how long does it take "usualy" to finish the whole course?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  5. CSL

CSL New Member

Ken/Dom,

Thanks for clarifying. Guess I wasn't paying attention in class. Dom has also pointed out what other courses are likely to run for the 2008/09 period, so I guess you will be seeing more of my post lecture queries, when it hasn't quite sunk in.

WIP: MCDST
  6. Kitkatninja

No worries :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  7. Kitkatninja

The MCDST course that is run by Tresham is 6 weeks, 2 evenings a week. In Dom's experience the course is fast paced (he's teaching the new version of the course, I taught the old one), so you'd have to make sure that you attended all the lessons otherwise you'd miss alot (plus all the labs build on one another).

One thing to point out is that finishing the course and when you're ready to take the exam are two different things. I've known people who have sat the exam half way thru the course, just after the course and up to a year after finishing the course. When you're ready to sit the exam is down to you.

Hope this helps

-ken

8. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

What he said. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forums. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685