Hi It's really nice website. ;-)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by intuicja7, Oct 29, 2005.

1. intuicja7

intuicja7 Bit Poster

I,ve just past CCNA. I have been a waiter for 2.5 years
    I stated looking for job, but it apears that I need MSCA too

Robert

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 70-270 (MCSA 2003)
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi Robert, Welcome to CF! :biggrin

I assume that from your introduction that you are now looking to persue an MCSA to hopefully gain employment?

As you said that you have been working as a waiter for the last 2.5 years I'm assuming that you arent already in IT?

Getting the Certifications that employers ask for on their job specifications is only one way to try to find employement, what you also need to show is that you have the right skills and personal qualities to succeed.

As I've said to other members looking to get into IT before, the certs will open up the doors, you have to prove that you possess the skills to keep them open.

8)

3. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Grats on the pass. If you don't mind me asking, what materials did you use to study for the exam? What it your background in networking/IT?

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  4. intuicja7

intuicja7 Bit Poster

I'm statring to looking for a job in London. I hvave noticed that they need experienced person. My idea is to don't care about that and keep sending CV's. Maybe they change mind ;-)

5. intuicja7

intuicja7 Bit Poster

CCNA Book from Cisco Press, Boson, NetSim

Well. I'm from Poland where I work as Delphi programmer for 1.5 years
    I have math degree in teaching. During studing at the university I wrote a few programs. In this way I got a job as a programmer.

I gave programming up caurse it made me too tired. Too much thinking, too litle speaking.
    I don't want to say that you don't think at networking, but you use more your memory.

Rob

6. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Hello Robert:

Welcome to CertForums! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  7. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  8. Try

Try Bit Poster

Welcome to CF intuicja7 well done and keep up the good work.

Certifications: N+ MCP 210-215
    WIP: MCSA
  9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Robert - welcome aboard :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi from me as well :D

It sounds to me like you do have experience, just not in the field that you intend to pursue. It is the gotcha in our world of IT. Just about everyone starting out stumbles at the *you need experience* hurdle. It is a conundrum that doesn't have a definitive answer. You could approach your local schools, especially as you have a degree in teaching and see if they would take you on doing some voluntary work. This is the back door into IT. You have to get some real world mileage under your belt before a perspective employer is going to allow you to fiddle with their network.

It makes sense really, would you let someone come into your business and start making changes to the configuration of your network, if they had no past experience with doing that kind of thing? I wouldn't :eek:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  11. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, intuicja7. Welcome to CertForums. Congratulations on passing the CCNA exam. I have to go along with some of the other comments made here...if you are having a hard time getting a job in IT with a CCNA and no experience, it won't get any easier with a CCNA and an MCSA and no experience.

I also was working a non-IT job at low pay while I went to school and earned my degree and a few certs. My hours were somewhat flexible so I posted my CV on some IT job sites and ended up getting a series of short-term contract jobs (anywhere from one day to three-months). I used those jobs to build experience and eventually got my first full-time job.

Certifications all by themselves won't get you into the field. You'll have to try to build up some experience anyway you can. Hopefully your job as a waiter will allow you to take some side jobs. You can even volunteer for a school or a non-profit organization to build up your CV. Don't expect a sys admin to let you have control with their routers and switches right away. Even if you get jobs doing Ethernet rollouts and hardware upgrades, at least its a start.

Good luck. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  13. intuicja7

intuicja7 Bit Poster

Yeah

I need to amend my CV and I'll start sending it soon

Robert