Hi guys, what are the requirements before going in for an exam.

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by steve776, Dec 3, 2007.

1. steve776

steve776 New Member

Hey guys,

I’m just wondering what is needed when you go for you CIW exam at vue or wherever you went. I tried looking at the site but couldn’t find the details. I live in the UK.

So if anyone could give me any help, please let me know.
    I’ve been doing web design for a 2 years now, I’m ok with flash and dreamweaver, but I just want to get a qualification to shut family up, lol. When the exams are done, I wont be using the qualifications, because I’m going to train MMA, Martial arts full time and do my lil website projects on the site, so no need for them. But as I have to get the qualifications, I have another question.
    How hard is it for someone else to do the exam for you? Just asking. If anyone can give me an answer let me know, maybe pm, lol. Please dont be offended by the question, Im just asking.

Thanks

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Well, first you have to find a way to ignore every shred of integrity and moral fiber that you have. If you can manage to do that, or if you don't have any integrity to begin with, then I guess you COULD get someone to do the exam for you, provided you can find someone who looks like you to carry your ID into the testing center. :dry

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. steve776

steve776 New Member

lol, I guess Im as bad as the devil, life has been hard over this year, and I cant pass with lots going on.

So what is needed? When I passed my MCSE exam, I cant remember what I used as I.D to do it.

4. BosonMichael

Everyone is busy; I don't know a single person who isn't. There's simply no justification for cheating.

If you know the material, you can pass the exam. If you don't know the material, you don't deserve to hold the certification.

In most places, you need two forms of ID, and at least one with a photo. But instead of wondering what ID you need to use (for yourself or others), why don't you simply study for the exam?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. steve776

steve776 New Member

Its not about being busy, certain things happen which I dont need to explain myself for. It doesnt make me a bad person. If everyone was for justice and truth then fight crime, I dont do drugs, cause trouble, steal, do piracy, . But with supporting my family through hard times, I dont have much time.

6. steve776

steve776 New Member

I do apologise, its not my right to tell you what you should think of me. I dont want to cause trouble, sorry. Just needed a bit of help.

7. BosonMichael

We are certainly willing to help. However, we're not willing to help you cheat, which is what you'd be doing by having someone take an exam for you.

I never said you were a "bad person". But cheating on a professional exam isn't something that "good people" do. Good behavior doesn't excuse bad behavior. It's simply not fair to say, for example, "I don't abuse children or kill people, but I have to cheat on my taxes because times are hard."

You may not know it, but cheating on certification exams negatively affects:

• you - because you aren't qualified to hold the title
    • others - who studied for and gained the certification legitimately
    • employers - who use certification to determine whether someone understands a technology
    • the integrity of the certification program itself - because an unqualified person holds their credential

If you are a "good person", then simply don't consider doing it any longer.

8. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

If you want to get the full certification e.g: Master CIW Designer, then there's three exams to take. The first is in three parts, which are basic networking, web design and e-commerce. And if you are already MCSE and been doing web design for two years then i don't see what you are worried about.

The second is a alot on the methods of web design, which includes usability and accessibility. And if you know flash and dreamweaver well? and know the semantics of using mark-up codes, then i would think that you would almost be ready for the second exam.

So....that's about ONE year off your study time and a professional cert!! Obviously spending an hour each night polishing up on your web design skills and learning all you can on usability and accessibility will need doing.

And i must say that i do agree with what michael said, but at the same time i can see what your getting at. But for me , learning it all is what has been the most fun!!!

Good luck!

Certifications: CIW Professional
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If you get someone to sit the exam for you, you are doing yourself a disservice and are also devaluing the certs honest people have.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I think Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy give's excellent advice for Exams and that is.....

[​IMG]

OMG I have just read the rest of your question, let me ask the question are you doing Martial Arts to learn how to fight and survive the family when you don't pass your exam?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  11. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Well said..Good advice:clap:rocks I was thinking the exact same thing!:biggrin

12. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Why do you need the cert? If you are not going into web development then what’s the point? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  13. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

That's a good point!:blink

Although if it's proof for your family why don't you make a fake one in MS Word or Adobe Photoshop?:biggrin

14. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

I have to agree... it makes everyone involved look bad. Think of it in terms of a plane... you wouldn't want a pilot to fly your plane if he had someone else take his flying test, right? Sure, maybe he can do the job, but if he can't it's a bad way to find out. Same thing with a job... you have a cert but can damage your own career by making a poor decision and getting fired while at the same time costing a company money and valuable time.

Many of us are here at these forums working hard to attain certifications to better ourselves and have minimal time to do so. I work 60+ hours a week, have a larger than full time college schedule, a 14 month year old, an awesome wife, and I'm still working hard any time I can to learn new technology and study for certs. A lot of this I'll do after the family is asleep and end up with very little sleep as a result. It's all about sacrifice and hard work.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever is happening in your personal life.

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  15. steve776

steve776 New Member

Thanks guys, I understand.
    I didnt even know braindumps were considered bad, lol.
    Take care

16. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Here! here!, well put and i know exactly what your going through. I've had about five hours sleep a night for the last year and a half. okay!, maybe the odd lay in???.

Certifications: CIW Professional
  17. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Woo hoo! Gotta love it. It's sleeping in if my son lets us sleep past 6:30-7:00 am on the weekends. :D

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  18. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Crikey.

That is the most bizarre post I've ever seen.

You want to know how to cheat in order to gain a certification that you have no intention of using?

Um...

What you could do is a google image search for a CIW or MCSE certificate, or an OBE from the Queen, whatever, and photoshop it to put your name in the relevant space.

Then print it. frame it, and stick it on the wall.

That'll keep your family happy, when they think you're an space cadet.

Weird...

:blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD