Hi guys, Thankyou and help me please?!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Danmurph, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

Hello to everyone,

My name is Danny

Although this is the first thread I have posted I would firstly like to say thank you to everyone on here as I have used this site extensively to choose my career into IT so THANK YOU!!:D

I decided to take the MCSE course with advent training and have been on it for a few weeks now.

I am really enjoying it and have just started the first part of the A+ course (essentials).

I am however a little worried as I have not studied anything like this for over 8 years I'm not sure how long or exactly which parts to be focusing on and remembering, I mean how long should each section take, and how long as a whole should the a+ essentials take, I'm just a bit worried as I am taking allot longer than it says in this study companion they have given me (60 hours in total).

What I am doing is reading the sections and then writing down notes but i find myself writing at least half of the text :blink

I am also getting stuck on sections for a long amount of time, would it be advisable to move along and come back later as I may read something later that will help me understand it or should I learn as I go

Im so confused, any advice that can be offered would be great

Thanks again

Certifications: MCDST, MCP, A+
    WIP: Everything!!
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Sorry I'm confused, you're on a MCSE course but doing your A+? What's your IT background?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

Hi,

It ultimately ends with the mcse qualification, starting with a+, mcdst, mcsa and mcse

I don't really have any IT experience, I just know a bit about computers and use to build them for people whilst I was at Uni,

Danny

Certifications: MCDST, MCP, A+
    WIP: Everything!!
  4. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Hello & Welcome

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

The great thing about this place is that if you get stuck there are many here who have been that route and might be able to help along.

So don't be afraid to ask!

Everybody learns at a different speed - so don't be too downcast if you find it takes you longer than they suggest.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Well... that's often the problem with taking a training course... it's hard to move at your own speed. I always recommend that people study until they fully understand the concepts, no matter how long (or short) it takes them. But in a training course, if you're on a schedule, you don't have that luxury to learn at YOUR pace. Worse yet... you've got to PAY them so you can study at their pace!

If your training course allows you to move at your own pace, then disregard the above... except for the part about having to pay for the course... :p

As Harry mentioned, it might take you longer to study than they recommend. But that's OK - everyone learns differently. Take the time you need to learn it completely. This is your future career you're learning about after all... you're not just learning to pass an exam... you're learning to become a good tech.

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Welcome to CF! :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  8. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF and hope you adopt the self study route. It would benefit you more as well as save you lots of £££:biggrin

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  9. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hello and welcome to CF!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009