Hi guys n girls

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by maxldn, May 31, 2015.

1. maxldn

maxldn New Member

Hi ya, well my names max , I live in London and have just turnt 23. Have had a handful of jobs and although none terrible, none of them have been my dream job. Have always had a passion for computers due to that I would be the guy family and friends come to when somethings wrong. I didn't choose a career in IT upon leaving school, I went straight into work. If honest I was young and never had money before.

I have joined in the hope of getting more infomation and help. My boss has moved up north and at the moment I am just working labouring through agencies. I have the chance to go and work learning a trade but I am keeping that as a back up plan. If honest it isn't for me but I just feel lucky to know its always there as my family have worked for the company for years. I would rather a job where I have to think or have the opportunity to learn more and advance. Plus being clean and not having to work in the cold outside is a bonus lol.

Anyway sorry for going on.
    cheers

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Welcome, ask any questions you have, we are a diverse lot and have a lot of experience on all sorts of things.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. maxldn

maxldn New Member

Cheers, Will have a nose around the place now and properly look tomorrow when on a computer rather than my mobile.

Am thinking first things first is to get myself the comptia a+. Then from there try match up what jobs are asking for. I'm not a genius but have an pretty decent knowledge of stuff. I used to live on the computer lol was an addiction. Wasn't just sat playing games either, this sounds cheesey but I enjoy learning.

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Then you have come to the right place :)

We enjoy a mix of gaming and learning here as well :)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF, good to see you here. I was 23 when I started my first IT related job (teaching basic computer skills) and came from a manual job background just like you.

IT is a vast area to dive into and changes quickly, look for your niche and work towards becoming an expert. Hope we see you around the forums.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  6. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

@maxldn Welcome to CF. It's good to hear your story.
    @SimonV Boss with all of this talk of ages I feel a poll is in order....

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs