1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Guys & Girls

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by noblejr, Apr 25, 2009.

1. noblejr

noblejr New Member

Hi Everbody I'm Robin,

I have been selling PC's for the last twenty odd years - starting with 5 1/4" disk drive, 128MB Ram & DOS. I never gained any qualifications and am thinking that at my stage of life, 50's, I need a change. I did try programming in Pascal & Java a few years ago but lost interest. With the C Crunch it pays to have another string to your bow so the idea of certification appeals to me.

I responded to an advert by Advent Computer Training who came on a little strong, I just wanted to know what other users thought of them and e - academy in Cardiff. Would they recommend and what are the likely costs of A+.

Anyway I think I will go away and read some more comments by more experienced users before committing and hard earned cash.
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

To be honest, my opinion, is since you've already got the experience try either the self-study route (get yourself a copy of Mike Meyers AiO and PC Technician Street Smarts: A Real World Guide to CompTIA A+ Skills then do the exams at any Prometric or Vue testing centre) or contact your local college to see if they do the iPro/A+ combined award.

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin
    Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685