Hi from Si

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by gbhpboy, Jul 13, 2005.

1. gbhpboy

gbhpboy Bit Poster

Great site, glad to come aboard at last, I looked at it a couple of months ago, but now have registered.

I've worked in IT for 25 years. Wrote my first COBOL program on punched cards, to be run a mainframe that was the size of your average lounge.

Recent years have been messy, moved over to NT support about 5 or 6 years ago. Haven't had any training via company for nearly 3 years now, and was getting overlooked for all the WIN2K work we had, and found myself getting dragged back into doing mainframe support work, where I still have useful skills.

So decided to an MCSE 2003, at the begining of the year.
    passed 270 in April and just passed 290 yesterday. What's interesting is that my company have now started to acknowledge my efforts in my own time. They paid for the 290 exam and have agreed to put me on a course for 291. Nice 'cos money is tight and any training is like gold dust. Colleagues are moderatley impressed too.

cheers :)

Certifications: MCSA2003(Messaging)
  2. KeithNN

KeithNN Byte Poster

Hi, Si. I wondered how long it take before you came back! Welcome aboard and good luck with the MCSE (and congratulations on your pass yesterday :alc )

Punch cards, eh? Does that make you older than you know who? :twisted:

Certifications: MCSA/MCSE, MCDST, MOS Mstr, Sec+,Net+,A+
    WIP: 70-284
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, gbhpboy. Welcome to CertForums. With your experience, we should make you an automatic "guru". :) Glad you finally signed on the dotted line. Let us know what we can do to help you in your pursuits.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome to the forum Si, glad you made it here. :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Welcome to the forum.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings gbhpboy :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Si / gbhpboy - thanks for the intro. Glad you finally pitched up and joined in - good to have you aboard.

There's a few "cards" around here could use a punching from time to time - now we know who to call on ...:biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity