Hi everyone..

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Dr Hunter, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Dr Hunter

Dr Hunter New Member

Hi, My names Dave, I'm 29 and am dis-illusioned with my current job in engineering :blink (been at same company for 13 years) so I've decided for a career change before it gets too late.
    I applied for a Computeach Network course, but after reading advice on here (and looking at the price tag:eek:) decided to go the self study way.
    I've started cramming for my A+ and have bought a copy of Mike Meyers all-in-one book. I must say, I nearly had a baby when I saw how thick the book was, but am sticking with it.

Anyway just a quick hello and a thank you for pointing me in the right direction (I hope!). :biggrin

WIP: A+
  2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

welcome mate

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. GmanUK

GmanUK Byte Poster

Hey Dr Hunter

Welcome to CF

Good luck on the studying. I was in a similar position to you about 14 months ago....28, same industry for 10 years and VERY bored!! Now i'm happily qualified (still working on more though!!) and working in the industry...best gamble I ever made!! Hope it works out for you as well! Get used to the width of those books though!! hehehe

G :D

Certifications: CompTIA N+, Server+, CCSN, ITILv3 (f)
    WIP: MCITP Security
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey and welcome to CF

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

hi there and welcome to CF :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Hello:)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hello and Welcome to CF:biggrin

Your not alone there- I was shocked when I saw how thick the All in one book was. There is a more concise version and it has over 200 practice exam quetions

A+ Passport

There's anew edtion coming out in december. You might also want to check out this website :-

Rapid Results

Good luck!:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685