Hi everyone - James Thornton

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Lost, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Lost

Lost New Member

Hi...
    I needed to find out from people, whether they have had the same dissapointment I've had with James Thornton.
    I need as much back up, inorder to confront everything to them.
    No £1000
    No job guarantee
    No exam vouchers
    NO ANYTHING....
    please let me know if there is anyone out there, that got messed around like me...
    (I'm still silly enough to have padi the £8000):oops:

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

You may want to do a search on the forum for that name. You will find plenty of comments!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Welcome

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I must admit I never heard of James Thornton?? but concur with Harry or try google?

Welcome to CF:biggrin8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  6. FreeMan

FreeMan Bit Poster

Might be a little late, but im in same situation.

Check the site if you want your CDL to stop:
    http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/tradingstandards.bcc

I would add: there's not much chance to get our money back for those who paid cash, as the cowboys in question abused the limited companies systems, and the limitations of organisations supposedly here to protect us.
    Only good side will be for people who used CDLs as they can now apply through a form to get their repayments stoped.

Reason why they have so many different names despite being at same places, and why they change borough often, is to avoid taxes, and cheat on accounts.

If you check London's Companies House (which won't give you info on Birmingham's centre or Manchester's or Leeds'), you can at least find out that there's a huge list of limited companies all with James Thornton in the name, most of them dissolved, and the only last with some accounts filed is James Thornton Limited, which goes down now with 100k left for all their creditors while they took at least £2.5 millions a year in london only.
    Part of this money goes back to Microsoft for the materials and exams...
    The real problem here is that these situations are happening too often.

And it's in the blood:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1631535.stm

Microsoft doesn't check really their Certified Partners, they don't care that the Company in question has tons of complaints running as long as they get their money. Then suddenly few days/weeks ago, they remove them from their Solution finder...

The report on CDL loans for 2006-2007 for london shows 279 loans only for JTG.
    What about all the people who didnt get that loan and paid cash, or by cheque?

The trading standards should be communicating inside UK, same for every organisations.

Companies House should not allow dissolution of companies so easily, especially when it's so repetitive and directors are defendants on a court case...
    Most of their Ltd companies are Dormant.
    Finally, they rip off lot of people, avoid taxes on benefits...
    They should not be 10 ltd companies, but one with different branches.
    When becoming dormant, Companies House should check that they are actually not trading.
    Finally, banks should be held responsible for accepting loans from such companies.

The directors and shareholders get most of the profit, resign, and then get away with it while leaving the public, police, and government in a crap situation...

Hope some changes will happen.

Because the government is aware of this abuses since the CDL exists, and it still keeps on...

:eek:

7. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Similar thing happened to me a few years back :

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=26659&highlight=amraf

It's unfortunate but companies go bust every day. Having run a business that went under I can see both sides.

If you paid on a credit card you should be able to get something back else it's very unlikely you will get very much at all and it will take possibly up to a year.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

what did you pay 8k for?:blink:blink:blink

No one can gaurantee you a job, it's the same as me saying you will win the lottery in 2012.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. FreeMan

FreeMan Bit Poster

The difference is that your company was probably not aiming to voluntarily rip off people.
    These companies were set up in that only view.

And the directors/shareholders enriched themselves on our asses (one of the ex-director mostly active is apparently driving a ferrari from an ex-employee source...)

10. Me2u_RaGee

Me2u_RaGee Bit Poster

hiya im also in the same situation as you are...:cry:

11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I'm not sure on the legal implications of them providing vouchers but I do know they can say they'll get you a job but they don't have to honor it.

NOBODY CAN GAURANTEE YOU A JOB UNLESS ITS AN ACTUAL JOB OFFER

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  12. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  13. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

The important thing is to make sure the Administrators have you down on the list of creditors.

You should write to them detailing what you paid and when and any materials etc. you have already received and what you are still waiting for.

When I was with Amraf and they went bust there really were no assets as the Administrator's fees etc all come out and are paid first.

If you paid by credit card then inform the credit card company straight away (quickest way to get anything back).

If you funded via a CDA then notify the loan company straight away too.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)