Hi :D

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Mogs, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Mogs

Mogs New Member

Hello all

Ive recently decided to find out about the Advent traning course which i found in the newspaper. Ive had a interview with them and the course seems good as you do both MCP and MCSE which costs £4450 and they say they can get you a job early after getting the MCP.

The only thing is at the interview i forgot to ask how hard exactly is ? im kinda a noobie to computers as ive only done a AVCE course before at college and got 2 D's. So i only really know the basic of computers. So i was wondering if anyone here has done or doing the advent MCP or MCSE course who could tell me how hard it is as i really dont wanna spend over 4k and then find the course really hard.

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi there Mogs. Welcome to CF! :biggrin

I won't go over old ground as to what people think about training providers, simply take a look for yourself in the Training and Development forum.

I would highly recommend though that you don't sign up for the full MCSE course. Take a look at the MCSE requirements here

Take a look around the forums and you will find the answers you desire. If there's anything you can't find an answer to, just ask.

8)

3. Mogs

Mogs New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome :D and for the links i really wanna find out more as i carnt seem to find out a advent website. I seem to have a bad habbit of doing stuff then regretting it later on and as this course will cost me £4450 later on. Im glad i found this place with nice people and links to facts :D

4. Dream_In_Infrared

Dream_In_Infrared Nibble Poster

Hi Mogs. Welcome to CF. Simon knows his stuff. Follow his advice. It is crucial to research your options thoroughly.

Which course is suitable to you, your interests, learning style, your aspirations?

Find out as much about training providers as possible,. Cost of courses? Level of support and how it is provided? What does the price include and what does it not include? How are you assessed and how often? How are you trained? What resources are used to train you?

Weigh up the option of self-study or not. A large number here self-study.

A lot to think about so it is best not to rush it. Enjoy your time here. :)

Certifications: None :(
    WIP: A+
  5. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

welcome to the forums mate! :tongue

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Mogs. Welcome to CertForums. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Mogs. Welcome to CF - you'll find helpful, honest advice here. Hope we can help :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

The MCSE is hard trust me!

It consists of seven MCP exams, some of which are very tough indeed. The exams get harder as you progress, so you should not part with money up front unless you are prepared for a long hard studying slog. It took me three tears full on studying to finally get my cert. I have a good friend that paid $11500AU and he dropped out after two exams. He is an IT professional.

Take everything any salesman tells you with a good dose of sceptical salt!

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you are completely new to pc's then you might want to check out the A+ forum first.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Hello Mogs:
    Welcome to CertForums!
    All the best with your IT studies. :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+