hi,am a newbie looking for advice

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by dublad, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

errr no i dont, but you should... the sales person did leave you with documentation didn't he? it should be in the terms and conditions

2. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Dublad, see my post number 5 on this thread. I think the cooling off period is five days.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  3. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

just going through it now

Certifications: ecdl moxp
    WIP: a+ n+
  4. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

can i poost the t's and c's here

5. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

xxx ok scheidegger--skils train

1.in order to evaluate the suitability of study conditins,whereever possible,scheidegger enrols students only after an interview is conducted by an experianced COURSE ADVISOR in teh students own home.this llows the student to ask questions and the COURSE ADVISOR to provide answers.facts,however,presented by word of mouth,can easily become garbled or misinterpreted.therefore,we ask you to read through this agreement thoroughly,making sure that you understand and agree with everything in it and that you also study fully the contents of your course kit.if you fel something is missing or it does not cover all the items outlined by the course advisor.you should contact the college in writing within 7 days of your emrolment.if we do not hear from you we shall assume you accept t eh terms and conditions without the reservation and will process your enrolment.

2.the student is requested to quote his/her college number in all communications with his/her tutor or the college

3.the student will notify his/her tutor in the event of illness or holidays

4.in the case of any changes to the student's address or contact details,the student must notify the college in writing in order that his/her records can be amended

5.all course materials issued from the college will become the property of the studen upon succesful completion of the course and when the course fees have been paid.

6.the student will have the right to terminate a course,providing he/she returns all the course materials together with WRITTEN CANCELLATION within 7 days of signing the agreement,thus ensuring there is no confusion between the student and the college.

*CLAUSE 6 ABOVE IS APPLICABLE ONLY TO STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT ON CREDIT TERMS.
    *WRITTEN CANCELLATION MUST BE SENT BY RECORDED DELIVERY
    *CANCELLATION BY TELEPHONE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE
    if the student meets all the conditions in clause 6 of the general conditins,the college will retain a nominal charge of £45.00 to cover its administration costs and expenses.

7.THE COURSE CANNOT BE CANCELLED AFTER 7 DAYS FROM SIGNING THE AGREEMENT

8.the scheidegger career assitance service has been explained to me.i am aware that the job guarantee scheme is cxourse specific and only applies to the courses listed on the guarantee (as applicable)

9.the college agrees tp absorb any increase in fees,books,materials etc.,that may occur before the student has completed the course.

to the address below *********

6. Mr.Cheeks

thats the amount of days you have to cancel...

7. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

yeah thats for the course itself but the finance one by cdf

just says in small writting....
    once you have signed you will have a shorttime a right to cancel this agreenment,in writtingto another address,so do i writhe the same letter to both companies then.

ps sorry if am being a dick about this guys.

8. Mr.Cheeks

imo if you want to cancel, write to both parties and copy each letter in to each other e.g.

letter to ST and copy the letter to Finance people in
    letter to Finance people, copy the letter to ST in.

so everyone knows,

plus i think you should inform the bank where you applied for your loan aswell...

9. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

cheers for your help cheekmaster another favour,i am still wanting to do the ccna and mcdst leading to a higher level after that.

i got accepted onto 2 courses both with the open university and i got funded.the courses are...

t175 networked living and the award is a certifiacte.(not great but a very good start) the other one is ...

m150 data,computing and information again the award is a certificate.

would tis be a better satrt than say skills train

10. Mr.Cheeks

are you currently studying for A+ and N+ or was that with ST? Have you considered the self study route, which as far as i am aware is similar to OU - See Zimbo's thread....

11. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

yes its with st.i have decided to cancel and i will get the letters posted of on the morning recorder,i am going to do the OU courses and i will self study for my ccna and my mcdst but unsure which to do first. (any ideas) the help you get from this site is second to known and i am only a new ber less than 24 hours old :biggrin

12. Mr.Cheeks

how much experience do you have with computers, especially networking? loads? or very little?

the reason i ask this is becuase if you have little experience then CCNA will be too hard, your best bet will be to go to the websiite e.g. cisco and have a look at the course objectives to see what you have to know plus have a good browse through the forums and look at the questions asked, as you will then get a feel of what type of knowledge you may need...

13. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

i worked for siemems business services for 3.5 yrs both in dublin ireland and a place i cant spell in germany,i have no certs but i was very good at my job. they used sap. i have buil t my own pc twice and i set up my jobs computers so they all network together there was only 6 pc there tho.i enjoy mucking about with them etc etc. i def wanna do the mcdst first tho. and am just looking for the right way to do it and the ccna.

could u posta link to the cisco site regarding pre-equistes.
    cheers darren.

14. Mr.Cheeks

15. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I wouldn't bother with OU courses unless you're going to use these towards a full degree or other academic qualification with them as they are not recognised professional or academic qualifications.

If you don't mind my saying so, you seem easily persuaded. Yesterday you signed up for Skillstrain, now you're doing an OU course. Why don't you hold off making any descisions until you are absolutely firm what you want to do. The IT industry will still be here in a week so there's no harm in thinking something through.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  16. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

no no it snot baba i applied for the open university ones some weeks back it just so happened that during the same week i had a call from my college tutor at skills train he phoned on the monday for a visit on the thursday ie yesterday i neber opened the ou packs until i meet the guy etc etc.i was very much looking forward to it with them but i have read so many bad remarks and i know u always get good with bad.i just hope its the right choice to make and only i can decide that. i wud be open for advice on doing this my self if thats a better option.
    if you or anybody has done with scheideeger or st i wud love to know am not used to the navigating on the site yet.
    cheers for your imput tho

17. Mr.Cheeks

if you click on the search button, type in whatever and it should pop up... just like google :biggrin

18. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

Welcome :biggrin