hi,am a newbie looking for advice

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by dublad, Jun 29, 2006.

1. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

hi i am dublad 25 years old from dublin,but am now living in aberdeen for the last 3years. i am looking for advice on a company called SCHEIDEGGER or SKILLS TRAIN.the sales man has just left my house,have read some reviews but am now unsure about it.

Certifications: ecdl moxp
    WIP: a+ n+
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!:biggrin Im sure you will find plenty of reviews here. But at the end of the day its you who has to decide if you going to believe what you read and choose or not choose that provider.

Good luck to whatever you choose!:biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Wow, for once Zimbo didn't post a link to his "Guide to Self-Study"! :D

Anyway, welcome to CF Dublad, use the search function at the top of the page and you'll plenty of threads on ST.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  4. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

hey guys cheers for the advice.t he sales man is gone about an hour,he was from glasgow seemed ok.but i never knew i was signing up for a credit agreement until the very end,i was lead to beleive it was funded well part funded anyway.i have to pay £75 per month which adds up to well over what the course costs. he never told me how long the course wud last,any of you guys no this.

cheers for ur help

5. Baba O'Riley

Um, are you saying you've signed up for it already? And you don't know answers to fundamental questions like that? Take note, if you want to cancel (and from previous experience of people posting on here, you will decide to cancel at some point), you only have five days to do it in.

6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Well why did i write it???:blink

7. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

Well why did i write it???

so u could learn it :biggrin

8. Baba O'Riley

I didn't say it was a bad thing, just saying it's the first time I've seen someone join who is looking for advice on training providers and you haven't suggested self-study to them. :)

@Dublad, seriously think about what I just posted mate, you don't want to sign up for anytning without knowing all the facts because it will come back to bite you on the arse.

9. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

no i wrote it to point people like yourself who come asking what should i do? i just like confusing you more you see!:tongue

on a serious note if you havent seen it yet http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread10667.html alot of info there... just another way of studying - but everyone has their own way of being able to study and this might not work for but if you just want to consider it...

10. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

no harsh feelings baba!! :biggrin

LOL yeah it will!:hit

11. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  12. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

hi and thank you. its not that i dont understand what i have signed up for.its just i have heard so many bad comments and reviews about them. like i got 2 kids and i only work so i just dont want to be ripped off thats all.

13. Baba O'Riley

That seems to contradict what you said earlier:

14. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  15. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

hi mate - welcome to CF...

Did you sign up to the course or not?

16. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF!

Whether you study alone, or with a provider, or even a mate, you'll be welcome here! :biggrin

17. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

yes i did.yesterday at 6pm. i was so taken by what was on offer and the level of jobs that could be offered if i pass the test. plus i felt comfortble with the sales guy.

18. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

i am not saying that you will, just bear in mind of the cooling off period if you decide to change your mind... good luck with your studies...

19. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hello an welcome to CF :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  20. dublad

dublad Bit Poster

do you know how long the cooling of period is m8. and i am very interested in studying for the ccna an mcsdt there the two i want m8. not a+ as i think i am above that but without the certs. if i was to study myself ie buy the books do the test could u recommend any for me m8 please.i will get funded as i got two kids a wife and only one income under 20k.i realy dont want to waste 900per year if i dont have to. thank alot.

ps am new to this site and not sure hoe to navigate easily as of yet so if you had any kind of answer very much appriciated.