Hi All

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by jaceau, Mar 7, 2006.

1. jaceau

jaceau New Member

Just thought I'd say hello.

I am taking my first MCSD exam before long. The Designing Windows Applications in Visual C# one. This is my first ever Microsoft exam.

How did you guys find taking the first exam? Was it harder/easier than expected? Did the type of questions and format of the exam surprise you? What is the pass mark? How long did the exam take?

I've heard that harder questions score more highly than simpler questions. Do you guys recommend tackling the harder questions more, or simply concentrating on the simpler questions? or both?

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF!

I haven't done that exam so I can't answer your questions, but good luck in it anyway!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings :biggrin

I cant help you out on this one as i have not done the exam.
    Taking your quote from above,i personally would'nt be worrying about concentrating on one or the other,but focusing on all questions to give yourself the best shot of passing.

Best of luck.

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Whether you can pick the order of doing the questions depends on the exam. CompTIA allows you to skip about, allbeit rather painfully. The ECDL units I've seen enforce a strict order.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Hello and best of luck with the exam! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+