Hi All

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by r08zy, Aug 1, 2013.

1. r08zy

r08zy New Member

Hi everyone

Thought it best to make my first post here.

Currently ITIL v3 Foundation, MCSA Server 2012 & working on MCSE Server Infrastructure.

I would like to know once I have completed the MCSE cert I want to go on to gain my MCSE: Private Cloud, as I have already done 70-410,411 &412 does this mean I only have to revise and pass 246 & 247?

Thanks

Certifications: MBCS, ITIL V3F, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE Server Infrastructure
  2. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF! :thumbleft

Yes, the structure of the new MCSE's have a common 'core' - which is basically the 3 exams needed to pass the MCSA: Server 2012.

Once you have this, then ANY of the MCSE tracks are accomplished by adding the 2 'specific' exams for the chosen track(s), whether it's Server Infrastructure (70-413 & 70-414), Desktop Infrastructure (415 & 416), Private Cloud (246 & 247), Messaging (341 & 342), Communications (336 & 337) or SharePoint (331 & 332).

The only 2 that aren't included in this are: MCSE: Data Platform (464 & 465) or MCSE: Business Intelligence (466 & 467). These two have a common core of MCSA: SQL Server 2012 (70-461, 462 & 463).

HTH.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember the caveat to all new MCSE's though...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  3. r08zy

r08zy New Member

Thanks, that's what I hoped would be the case. The caveat could be a pain but if I give myself 6 months or so before expiry to brush up I should have no problems getting through the exams. I assume it will be one exam per flavour of MCSE e.g. one for Cloud and one for server infrastructure?

4. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Yes, I'd expect the 'recertification' to be one exam per track. But obviously that may change between now and when they are necessary - the new certification have not been around for long enough for these to even exist yet and, if they live as long as the short-lived MCITP's, we could well see another 'form' of certifications appear before then..!

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  5. r08zy

r08zy New Member

Good point, lets hope MS don't change their minds on certification for a while now... They seem to be trying to make life harder for IT pros, it's a challenging industry at any time but tougher when certifications are retired so quickly