Hi All

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Birchy, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Birchy

Birchy New Member

Hi All

What can I say I am really glad to have found a forum with like minded people trying to progress in the IT Industry.

So who am I? Well I have been in IT support for 10 years but only recently decided on the path I wish to take which is in Server support. Of course I realise that when people read down a bit further they will think I have some way to go, which I realise :oops:

I have been working for a number of years as a field engineer/onsite engineer and helpdesk engineer for 1st and 2nd line support.
    The company I work for has been very good to me to give me the chance to give server support to its clients..albeit limited as my primary role is supporting end users, however the experience has helped to dramatically improve my understanding of IT Systems.

I have always been aware that I would have to become certified but it was not until recently when I applied for an internal position that would have seen me step into a full time Junior Server support role away from the Helpdesk that I knew I had to get some qualifications under my belt.

So I am now looking forward to regularly visiting the forum for help and advice and hopefully offer any help in time to others.

WIP: MCSE, CCA, CCNA
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF! :)

Good luck with the change in career path.

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security