Hi all

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by punkboy101, Jan 19, 2005.

1. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Hi guy's

After much thought I have decided that it is time to move back to the UK. What I'm wondering id the following...

Before I left the UK, one of the suppliers that I worked closely with told me that should I ever go back to the UK, they would give me a possition with them.

I have just "applied" today, and I am 99% certain that I have a job with them.

Now the question. They are based in Warrington, so does anybody live in/near ariound there? I'm just interested to hear anything about the area.

I don't know for sure if I will be living there, but there is a damn good chance that I will, Otherwise I might end up somewhere in deepest darkest wales :eek:, or hopefully back in Buckingham (home to me)

Just incase your interested, the job is for a small(ish) company that primarely provide's data storage, database creation and maintenance, website creation/maintenance and they also provide custom database/administration solutions to companies. I may get a job in their IT dept, or I may become an apprentice for one of the people I worked very closely with before (mainly web design/SQL, C++, server installation. setup and maintenance for customers:D ).

Anyway, I will give more details when I know exactly whats going on, but any info on Warrington would be great for now.

Thanks

Andy

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Great news Andy - a real beer beckons ever-closer then :D

I know jack about Warrington, but then I bet Warringtonians (???) know jack about my patch ...:rolleyes:

..and good luck with the job too !

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

given up on Canada so soon andy?
    shame, its so nice there :)

cant say i know much about the area either, although i've heard its nice, could be getting it mixed up though :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. cazzam35

cazzam35 Kilobyte Poster

Yeah Warrington's ok, I went there once??

Certifications: currently doing A+/MCSE
    WIP: Curr/Supervisor/Duty Mgr/Retail DIY
  5. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

too bloody right mate, a real beer in a real pub. 8)

Well, I wont be home for another 2-3 months roughly, but by that time I would have been here nearly 2 years. Long enough for me mate. :D

Thanks for the info guy's. I have been to Warrington twice, but I don't know what it would be like to live there. Oh well, got to be better than Slough lol

6. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Warrington is about half an hour from me, if I can be of any help just give us a shout mate

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  7. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Ahh coming back to Blightly, the heart never leaves. High tax, warm beer, low wages, terrible road system, NHS, expensive fuel, my heart lifts when I think of it.

Anyway, hope you get the job m8

Local Warrington Paper

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  8. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

Thanx for that AJ, would have found it eventually, but you can never start looking for somewhere to live too early. :D

Beside's, it ain't too bad AJ, the taxes here are higher for someone my age, ok, so the beer is cold, but it mostly comes in bottles, draught is way too expensive, and even then it ain't even more than half a pint :x . Also fuel is more expensive here, as are cigarettes and alchohol.

plus, it gets bloody cold (down to about -53 somedays :ohmy ) and too much snow, we got hit with a 1 1/2 foot on Monday. No fun shovelling out the driveway at 7 am so you can go to work!

Really, it ain't to bad to live here, I just prefer the UK :D