Hi All...

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by firewire, Sep 18, 2007.

1. firewire

firewire New Member

Hi Everyone,

Just joined and hoping to get some advice. Having now been looking at several course provider's for sometime, I am almost sold on doing the "web designer/developer" course with NITCL.

Has anyone done this .. and if so could they let me know of their experiences with it and if it provided all they required with regard to their aspirations. I would ideally like to become a freelance WD/D, rather than working for a company. Is anyone else doing something similar ? if so how are they finding it ?

hello to you all..

2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :) !

Im not into web design so cant help there, but regarding learning with a training company, have you considered self study? It'll save you a fortune.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. firewire

firewire New Member

I guess you mean teaching yourself using the relevant publications, and then booking yourself into taking the exam when you feel you are ready..

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

More important than any exams is getting some hands on practice designing Web sites. Learn how to build them, and get some practice building your own so you will have a good portfolio built up when you go to apply for Web design jobs.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

He sure does, and that's normally a lot cheaper than any other route. Check out our guide to self studying by Zimbo for an idea.

A search on Amazon will give you a good idea of the books you might want.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. firewire

firewire New Member

Had a look at Zimbo's link.. must admit it does make me think ! Maybe I should give it a go on my own..

Can anyone provide me with a list of reading material that will fit the criteria for study for Web design qual's.. and indeed what qual's I should be working toward for WD..

7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hello firewire and welcome to CF.

If you serious about web design you need to know where your going before buying books.

Have a look at this thread posted by Zimbo it contains the link to Certifcation pathways for professional Web design.

Also this section on the forum answers most of your question on web design:- CIW

Once you have worked out where you want to go then you can decide if self study or distance learning is for you!8)

Good Luck!

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. jodsclass

jodsclass Byte Poster

Bonjour Mr Firewire. Only hope your promises of Higher throughput are founded :P , I still prefer USB 2.0

Sorry too geekie

BTW I am a professional Web Developer. Just taking a year out of work to do my MSc, so if you have questions, fire away..

Jodsclass

Certifications: BSc IT & Web Development
    WIP: MSc Advanced Computing, Oracle Cert
  9. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  10. bishal

bishal New Member

Hello every body i am bishal i am planning to give mcp 70-270 exam. so can anyone help me where can i go and get good material.

11. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  12. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hello Bishal and Welcome to CF:biggrin

If your looking for infor on MCP 70-270 have a look at this thread

How does 270 compare to the MCDST exams?
    posted by nickb

You will find lot's of stuff about MCP 70-270 under the Client Exams on this forum or alternatively CLICK HERE :biggrin 8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+