1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all - newbe with a question!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Paul-G, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Paul-G

Paul-G New Member

Hi all,
    I have been reading these forums for weeks now after looking into taking a course with Advent. I am really now starting to have second thoughts about this after reading your views, and I am now considering self study.

I was interested to know what the average study duration it was to pass the A+ essentials exams, if I was to study for 2 hours a day for instance.
    Also, where do you go to take the exams and roughly how much do they cost.

I am considering buying Michael Meyers latest addition as that seems to be the one recommended. I have also looked at the 12 cds which look like they may be very good - just the price putting me off there I guess!

Finally, when it comes to taking a mock exam, would any of you recommend any in particular? I was thinking Transcender.

Thanks in advance for your help - I have noticed that you all seem to be really helpful on here and I look forward to chatting with you all in the coming weeks/months!

Cheers,

Paul.

2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hello Paul:biggrin

Welcome to CF:biggrin

Mike meyers A+ and James Pyles book is highly recommended! I would say the norm is to sudy 2 hours per day although some people study more, some people study less depends on what life throws at you!:biggrin

The important thing is to make a study plan and stick to it and book your exam now, so you have something to work towards. It also gives you a bit of pressure as well as a goal to aim for!

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip