Hi all! New young member with career in IT

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Ryan, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I agree with what has been said here already, go with the MCDST - just because the MCDST is one of the easiest MS exams, it is not to say that it is easy. It's only easier compared to the MCSA/MCSE. MCSE credential is not easy to attain, and don't fall for the marketing take of some of these training companies. It took me over 2 years and that was working in 3rd line support.

Get your MCDST and then work towards the MCSA, remember this isn't a race. Working in a primary school environment, I doubt if you'll be working with multiple sites with multiple domains. Also talking to a few people, it's harder for someone who works in the education section to move out into another sector. I guess it stems from the times when school's hired unqualified IT professionals to look after their IT depts (before it use to be teachers that didn't really know anything, hence using companies like RM) :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Ryan

Ryan Byte Poster

Hence another reason for me to leave as soon as possible, one of the reasons i got told that it works against me is because there are no financial pressures within the school and therefore the pace is apparently slower than self sustained companies, meaning that i'm probably "too laid back"

Don't agree with it at all but either way i dont want to be stuck in schools for the rest of my life lol :lol:

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP:EA, Microsoft Certified Solutions Ascociate (2008), 70-662