Hi all Just waiting for Advent course work

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Scouse, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Just waiting for Advent course work to come, if anyone is starting the course let my know it'll be nice to have a study buddy.:blink

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What course are you doing mate?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Why haven't you considered the self study route?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey and welcome to the forums.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

My condolences goes out to you for the money you spent... :blink

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi and welcome.

As sparky asked what course are you studying?

There are a number of members here studying various things with Advent, and regardless of whether our members are with Advent or any other Training Provider, or even going it alone, you will find all the help and support that you need right here.

Good Luck in your studies.

7. C4sper

C4sper Byte Poster

Oi!! :)

I quite like Advent. and that money really paid off for me.

Scouse where r u from? and what course are you doing?

Certifications: ECDL, A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am also sorry for your loss of money.

Welcome to CF Scouse :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Good with your studies.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  10. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hold on who said that any money has been lost or that they have been ripped off, let the guy speak before any conclusions are made. CF is here to help everyone and anyone whatever route they have chosen to take. Self study doesn't suite everyone I used a training provider and was very happy with what I got and for what I paid as self study isn't for me.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  11. klospros

klospros Nibble Poster

Hi and welcome:)

I'm also studying with Advent and like others have said, here is a very good place to get help and advice on all comp related subjects. I wish you all the best in the course you are doing:)

Certifications: A+ 2006, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSE
  12. Shetland_wolf

Shetland_wolf New Member

Hi and welcome

I'm studying with advent as well and said before, this is an excelent palceto as questions and can some top notch info!

WIP: MCSE
  13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What I'm saying is that, for most people, you can get as good of an education and get your start in IT without having to spend all that cash. I know how poor some instructors can be... I've worked with them! :D

Not picking on Advent, in particular... just talking about training providers in general.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to the forum 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  15. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi Scouse, and welcome to CF:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  16. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Thank you all for the replys good and bad they all help. first I'm taking the mcse course, second it is a lot of money but this is the type of motivation i need or i will probably put it off, with the i 'll start that soon mentality. So if this gets me where i want to be then it was worth it, if not then i have learned a big lesson. O yes i'm from Liverpool.:)

17. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Do you currently work in IT?

I ask this because if you get you MCSE without any real world experience you will find it harder to get a job than if you got your A+.

Microsoft recommends you have about a years experience in a job before doing the MCSE.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  18. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

I must have seen you post a similar post like this several times now - dont you get bord?:twisted:

Your making the guy feel hes made a wrong move before hes even started... just make a note in your post that he didnt need to go through a TP or something - not offer condolences, hes not passed away!?

Certifications: A+, N+
  19. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Welcome to CF and good luck with your studies, just remember - what you put into something you get out of in other words it won't come easy. Be prepared to put the work in!8)

Another popular member here called Raffaz has gone through Advent more than once, he could probably answer your questions on advent but if you are unsure about something just ask that's what the forum is here for!:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  20. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I know everyone seems to be against getting the MCSE before landing a job in IT (I agree) but there is nothing wrong in passing a couple of exams, landing a job, and then continuing with the MCSE path.

The first couple of exams 70-270 and 70-290 can be very helpful for an entry level IT job IMO. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs