1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi ALL, I wanna be certified!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by phoenixgb2003@yahoo., Jul 8, 2008.

1. phoenixgb2003@yahoo.

phoenixgb2003@yahoo. New Member

Well i have been designing sites for a few years and some were great, some were ok and some were ohhh so bad, i have finally decided that i shud have letters after my name (do we get letters after our name with a CIW cert??).

If anyones interested my portfolio of some sites is here:

http://designforekm.co.uk

If anyone has the CIW foundations course for sale i would be interested.

Cheers

Kev

2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF.

Nice site :)

Not sure if you get post-nominals by passing the CIW.

Other ways to get post-nominals would be to:

1. Do your degree (BSc, BA, etc)
    2. Look into other certification programs like Microsoft (MCP/MCTS, etc), Adobe (ACA, etc)
    3. Join a professional IT Association like the BCS (for AMBCS, MBCS, etc post-nominals)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. phoenixgb2003@yahoo.

Hi Ken

Cheers for that, my partner and i are moving to Dubai very shortly and whilst i am relatively competent i would like to get the certification as over there its all about what quals u have.

kev

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

experience counts more than qualifications, qualifications and certs help but experience helps more.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. phoenixgb2003@yahoo.

Hi normally i would agree, i spent ten years as a software trainer and could do the job standing on my head, i applied for several jobs in Dubai that i knew that i could do with my eyes closed and due the lack of a degree in "anything" they werent interested at all.

My plan is to continue servicing my UK clients (after all as long as i have internet access i can work anywhere) and then try to build a client base out there based on my UK portfolio.

Kev