hi all i m preparing for CCENT exam.. but i needed advice

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by vinay04, Jul 26, 2011.

1. vinay04

vinay04 New Member

hi all i m preparing for CCENT exam.. but i needed advice how can i gain my first entry level certification.. which book i should prefer and how much time I've to devote . I listen a lot that dis exam is not easy to clear!! so plz guide me!!

2. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

Hello Vinay,

CCENT is NOT an entry level certification.

Experience with Cisco equipments or in other words "hands on experience" matters most in case of certifications. After u have the relevant experience, u can devote your time to CCENT books and practicing for the same.

If you are really looking for an entry level certification, try CompTIA's Network+, Security+ or CIW Network Technology Associate or even some new certifications from Microsoft, like MTA. After u get those, u will be more comfortable sitting for CCENT/CCNA.

This is just my general opinion, as i haven't yet passed CCENT/CCNA. But for what i know, u can get a copy of CBT Nuggets Video Training Series(really good work put up by some highly experienced IT professionals), Cisco Press book (have only heard about it), use packet tracer software or better buy some switches and routers to get yourself going.
    For more advice, post on Cisco's Certification section of this forum.

Best of luck and welcome to the forums!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, Brainbench: XP and Vista [Master]
    WIP: Bachelors:Computer Science
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I would agree. It depends on your level of expertise. I am actually studying for the CCENT myself as I type this and believe me it can get confusing. I can't say that you don't have any experience as I don't really know. If you do go with the study, I would suggest the ICND1 and 2 Cisco press books by Windell Odom, it's what I use and they're pretty good. I would also suggest the CBT nuggets CCENT/CCNA videos.

I remember studying for this in school and it was hard in 2005, now the exam is even bigger so the experience does come into play here.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
    Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA