Hi all.. I am new here.. taking my 70-271 this coming friday..looking for some info

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by xuefeiyang1001, May 30, 2007.

1. xuefeiyang1001

xuefeiyang1001 Bit Poster

:cry:

I just finished reading e Mspres book today and I started to do the qstns from Measure up.. I found most of the qstns are quite weird and e answers cannot be found in the book at all...
    I failed and I am feeling depressed now...

I want to know how is the difficulty level of these measure up qstns compared to the REAL exam?
    Why so many things are INCLUDED in the exam objectives but NOT in the book??
    Is it easier than the real one? then I thk I am going to fail it anyway...

2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

I found that aswell. If you notice towards the end of the book there are some online resources to use. Go and have a look at them for the info your missing, as the book doesnt cover it all.:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF and goodluck with the exam. Don't worry too much about it. Just go in and do your best.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  4. xuefeiyang1001

Thx for the info guys...
    Although I don't thk I hav time for online resources..
    Fridae will take e exam..see how
    Just pray will not encounter too much qstns beyond the scope of this book..
    Fingers crossed:(

5. steve_f

steve_f Byte Poster

I did the 271 last week, and there were only 2 questions that I really had no clue about.

Make sure you know WHY you got those measureup questions wrong. If necessary do a custom measureup exam with 146 or whatever questions in it, doesn't matter if you get 90% or 40%, make sure you know the reasoning behind the correct answers.
    Even if you got some questions right, they could have been guesses, or you might have been correct but for the wrong reasons.

In my opinion (others feel free to correct me) you have to know share/file/folder access and network connectivity really well, they come up in a lot of questions. These are chapters 5 and 10 in the MS Press book. I reckon these are the core chapters/subjects.

Good luck.

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA 2003+Messaging, MCITP:SA, MCSA 2008, ITIL v3 Foundation, Comptia Server+ 2009, CCA Xenapp 6.5, VCP5-DV
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA, CCSA
  6. xuefeiyang1001

Ya I thk e reason I got them wrong is because they are not taught in the book...even not mentioned

I got 73% for the objective review. I had done the 146 qstns in one go... that one I thk bit easier than the practice test..:cry:

7. xuefeiyang1001

Ya I also thk the key chapts are 5 and 10...
    measure up is also focusing on these topics...

8. xuefeiyang1001

A very very sincere and BIG thank you to all of you here!!!
    Today I passed my 70-271 with 849...

However I don thk I am taking my 70-272 this year...
    I am taking my o level soon ...so don have time!

THANK YOU ALL!!!

I'd like to apply for permanent residence here...:blink

9. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Congrats on nailing the exam!!

We'll pass your residence application on to the Pigeon King. When he wants you to stay, he'll coo.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

We only accept a limited number of qualified resident applications. Quotas and such, ya know... :p heeheehee - just kidding...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Congrats on the pass:clap

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house