Hi all from a newbie

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Admaco, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Admaco

Admaco New Member

Hi everybody

Ive recently been thinking a lot about a career in IT, as I have always had an interest in computing, and began looking into training courses through a training provider. After looking at some companies and reading a lot of posts on CertForums, I have decided that self study is probably the best option as they all charge large sums of money and seem to promise you so much. Ive noticed that advent and the nitlc's comptia a+ exams are the 2006 ones and expire at the end of August next year and they give you 2 years support, I guess after that time you have to pay them more to continue your study. I think I would rather study at my own pace and take the exams when I want to rather than be pressured.

Many thanks for the advice!

Certifications: None
    WIP: Looking to start Comptia A+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Glad the forum could be of assistance. Welcome! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Trogdor

Trogdor Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome aboard!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+, MCDST, HP APS Server, HP APS Desktop / Laptop
    WIP: ITIL, CCNA, MCSA, and BSc
  4. Ross

Ross Bit Poster

Hiya Admaco, welcome to Cert Forums. After wasting 6/7 hours of my life discussing Microsoft courses in my living room with various different Training Providers, Self Study = the way forward. There is so much material available online and many free online tests, you cannot go wrong.

Have Fun! :)

Certifications: I.T NVQ Levels 1 and 2, ECDL, A+, SDI, Senior SDI, ITIL, NVQ Management L3
    WIP: CompTIA N+
  5. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  7. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10