Hi all, First post - bad news

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by daviez1641, Nov 3, 2008.

1. daviez1641

daviez1641 New Member

First of all, i'd just like to say hello to all on this forum, ive been on afew times but never posted anything.

I've been studing for the 70-271 exam for what seams to be ages. i booked my exam 5 weeks ago, and my test should have been today at 13.30. i turned up, signed in, and it wasnt till i sat in the exam room i found out that either prometric had put me in for the wrong exam (70-270), or i'd booked the wrong exam.

So, i didnt take the test, and the test centre advised me to go home and try and sort it out with prometric. i got home about half hour ago, and much to my disapointment, ive booked the wrong exam (70-270) :( so i rang prometric, and aparently theres nothing i can do, only use my second chance offer from microsoft before the end of feb 2009. They told me its my own fault as i booked the exam, which i know and now feel abit stupid. I guess the only thing i can do now is study hard and take the exam i booked in feb. the annoying thing is, when i was at the test centre i thort shall i just have ago at the 70 - 270 exam just incase theres nothing i can do about it by ringing prometric. if i fail, so what, at least i would get a feel for whats in an exam, as ive not taken any before (only prcatice exams)

I was hoping my first post would be a positive one, like PASSED 70 - 271, but never mind :x

2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Nevermind, we all make stupid mistakes. Rest assured that you'll be very careful when booking exams in the future due to what happened.

Best of luck with the re-test and welcome to the forums! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:), and don't get too bogged down by what happened.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

Welcome to CF :D, sorry to hear about the little mishap :(

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

When it gets close to time to take it, reschedule it for a couple of months out. I believe you've got a year after you purchase the exam to finally take it. Maybe you'll be ready for 70-270 by then. :)

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!