Hi All, any students at Computeach

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by gavmoyster, Jan 12, 2008.

1. gavmoyster

gavmoyster New Member

Just registered with the forum! Hi All!

Is anyone here doing any course's in particular Comptia A+ with Computeach?
    I am going up the mcse/ Microsoft security professional path.

Speak to you all soon
    Gav

WIP: M.C.S.E And Microsoft Security Prof
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :) I have done the A+ 601/602 but done it by self-study, not a training provider! 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I usually recommend self-study, so I won't be able to give you any good insights as to Computeach.

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. grizz3210

grizz3210 Byte Poster

hi gavmoyster

welcome

i was going to train with computeach sounded really good untill the saleman told me the price:eek:.
    so i went down the self study route and did the a+
    when do you start training with them?

Certifications: A+ N+ MCTS-vista
    WIP: MCDST
  9. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Welcome to CF!:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  10. Becki

Becki Byte Poster

Heya and Welcome to CF

Becki x

Certifications: NVQ IC3 A+ Network+ MCDST MCITP MCTS Vista & 7
  11. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  12. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Hello, Good afternoon & Welcome.:biggrin

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  13. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Hi Gav, welcome to CF! And good luck with your studies - but don't forget that there is a wealth of info on these here forums! So you're not on your own!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  14. Patrulheiro

Patrulheiro Bit Poster

Welcome to Cf!!! I’m new to this forum as well and I can see that it's really a lot of help around here!
    I have an appointment with them on the 31st of January and I'm looking forward to see them, but what I could see is that it's plenty of help around the net that can help you to get started!
    I'm thinking about the compTIA A+ to start with and that's loads of places where you can do the training much cheaper than computeach, like London College that offer it for £650, of course if you add up all the other certificates and modules that they will put together for around £4000 it’s almost the same, but there is no pressure at all. I've been doing some research on the net and it seems to be the best thing to do..

What do you guys think??

15. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

In my opinion all training providers are only after your cash, they don't care that they give inexperience people courses for certs they shouldn't be doing.

I was going to go with a training provider who was going to charge me £750 just for the A+, but I found this place first and got informed about self study. I have never looked back! I bought an old PC for £60 and two books for £20 and thats all I have needed now I just have to pay for both A+ exams and tiddledee thats it.

There are plenty of free video tutorials on A+ material on youtube the books are not expensive what else do you need?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  16. tippett

tippett New Member

gavmoyster

how r u finding computeach..had the rep come round the other day..talking the usual salesman spiel..then he said the price..4600 for website design......oops...but i want a different direction in my career

WIP: ciw web designer
  17. DAVID ARROWSMITH

DAVID ARROWSMITH Nibble Poster

hi gav, i signed up for the a plus with computeach which should have eventually led onto the mcse path all for £4000 which they wanted me to complete within 3 years. i had no it experience at all and found that it took me over 18 months to pass both exams and twelve months in which to try and fit in the other exams for the mcse. i did not realise the full extent of the career path to gaining an mcse and to be fair to computeach they have extended my study period but are now taking the mcdst but originally paid for the mcse package . this was down to a high pressure salesman . computeach themselves have been more than fair but the salesmen leave a lot to be desired and i feel are letting the company down.

Certifications: a plus
    WIP: exam 70-620 windows vista