1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi all - and thanks!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by gwtitus, Jul 16, 2007.

1. gwtitus

gwtitus New Member

Hi everyone :D

Have been reading through the forums for the last few days so I thought it was about time I said hello. I have been using PC's for more years that I care to remember now and have a fair bit of experience but have absolutely no relevant IT quals (apart from an NVQ3 from 1996!). I am currently working for the civil service in a mind numbingly boring job so I have finally decided to embark on some training for IT certs to maybe help me escape.

I was looking for suitable training courses when I stumbled upon this site and read all the positive posts about self-study. I am now awaiting delivery of a couple of books including the Mike Meyers A+ 6th ed. complete guide and am ready for a long bout of self-study! Reading these forums has potentially saved me from spending many £1000's of pounds on unnecessary training courses - many thanks!

gwtitus

WIP: A+ and CIW Associate
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

When I was very young I was in the Civil Service. Cheifly because my parents were both in the Scientific branch of it. I have to say that I was never so glad when I left!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi welcome :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. wagnerk

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Hi & Welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Welcome aboard. :)

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. BosonMichael

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Hello!:)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  9. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

Welcome to the forums.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA