Heya all Newbie in town

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by JazzyJeff83, Sep 5, 2008.

1. JazzyJeff83

JazzyJeff83 New Member

Hiya everyone nice to meet you all, the name is jaz and I am here to get some help and tips on the way to complete my A+ and 1st cisco cert as well.

I am a IT grad and I am currently working for a broadband comp in help desk position it pays ok but I want to become a network technician so I am sure I need to get the certs to show the employers that I am qualified.

I have already completed a cisco course in Uni but that was basics but it will get me a head start, but I think I will take the A+ route first and I am hoping to get some tips here I have acquired the material from my friend and I am ready to go.

Certifications: Bsc Hons BIT
    WIP: MCDST
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

As much as I love and believe in certification... being certified doesn't make you qualified to do a job. :) Only experience can do that.

Good idea starting with the A+ and working up from there. Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Welcome to Cert Forums!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Greetings and Welcome to CF:sunny

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  9. Naive

Naive Byte Poster

Hi & Welcome to CF :thumbleft

WIP: MCDST