hey there is a forum site totally irritates me...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kobem, Dec 13, 2007.

1. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Instead of trying to find ways of circumventing your ban on other forums, I suggest you move on and find another forum where you can express your feelings and beliefs without the fear of being banned.

Even if you did manage to mask your ip and set up a new account on the forum, many people give themselves away with their posting styles so it would only be a matter of time before you are banned again.

Being banned from a forum is not the end of the world. I have been banned from a few through no fault of my own, just guilty by association with other forums I'm a member of. I don't let it bother me, I just move on, or I set up my own forum to express my views.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I agree with wizard. Additionally, most forums are privately owned sites. If you owned a website, and had a particular view, you would pretty much be well within your right to silence anyone posting contrary to that viewpoint. It may not be polite, but its your own website. SimonV owns Certforums, and would be well within his right to silence me if I were to bang on about something close to his heart that my views vehemently disagreed with. That he doesnt is fantastic, this forum is more or less an open discussion area, but it is his site, he can do what he likes with it.

Maybe you should just suck it up and move on. If they dont want to hear your views on the forum, then tough luck. Its their site, they can do what they like. Even if you can get over the IP issue, your posting style is so obvious, and you cant even tone it down despite repeated requests to do so by the members of this forum, I doubt you'll be able to manage it otherwise, and you will just end up being banned again, and again, and again.

Find a forum where you can express your views on the matter. And if you cant, then sorry, but tough. Whilst it may be your right to express your views, it is not a right to do so on privately owned websites. If you are permitted to do so, its a priviledge, dont abuse it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

What I recall is that if you connect the cable modem to a switch/hub with 2 PC's connected to it then only one of the 2 PC's will be able to connect to the internet, as the ISP won't allow more than 1 MAC address per customer on its network. Replacing the switch/hub with a router resolves the problem as the router has only 1 MAC address on the network, with the connected PC's on a different network.

Connecting PC's to the router's ethernet ports should not require a reboot of the router - that would be crazy. But connecting a modem to the router's internet port might require a re-boot of the router, just as connecting a modem to a PC might require the PC to be rebooted, to re-synchronise the connection.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA
  4. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA