hey im stuck at VLANs

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by kobem, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

You would need to be a long term member to know why. He asked many many questions, but never listened to the answers so people got a bit tired of it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  2. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Dude's not a native English speaker, so i'd say a lot of answers were lost in translation!

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

If you mean Kobem, then no it wasn't a case of lost in translation. It was more a case of him not liking the answers he got, so ignoring them. And it wasn't just this thread, it was across many threads.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
  4. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Well well, another belgian :thumbleft

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  5. Unemployed Diogenes

Unemployed Diogenes Nibble Poster

haha, also province Antwerp? :p

Certifications: A+, Bachelor IT
    WIP: CCNA
  6. danielno8

Perhaps that's just the impression you got from his replies. Maybe not, maybe he did just "not like" the answers he got. But why anyone would choose to just not like answers to his questions seems less likely to me. Whatever though.

7. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

West-Flanders :)

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  8. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Time to trawl the forums. Trust us, this wasnt a mistranslation thing. He didnt like the answers, because he was told that the level of knowledge he held indicated to everyone that he should be studying lower level material before the material he was currently struggling with.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  9. danielno8

I thought we were talking about technical questions. Not questions about what cert he should study.

10. Fergal1982

we are. just read his previous threads, all will become clear.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  11. danielno8

Your last post you are saying he didn't like being told he should study something else.

My point was regarding answers to technical questions, in that i think he may have not understood answers to technical questions as it is not his native language.

12. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

And we have already said that isn't the case. Many people answered his questions until they were blue in the face and it was literally like hitting your head against a brick wall with him. Feel free to trawl though the many many threads he started. It's not recommended reading though.

13. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

He is the only one to EVER make it onto my ignore list and I've seen some cack on here lol

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
    Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  14. danielno8

right this is just going back and forth now! One minute it is cert advice he doesn't like next it is technical answers he didn't like lol.

Either way, i believe it is very easy for him to have not been able to fully understand the answers he was given due to the language barrier, and likewise for him not to be able to articulate what he was trying to say.

15. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

This isn't going back and forth - I think you;re being over-generous because you don't know the history.

Kobem was asking questions that were rocket science, when he didn't know what a network cable looked like. It's nothing to do with the language barrier - it would be like someone asking how to set up a site to site VPN without knowing what the 'V', the 'P' or the 'N' stood for.

Trust me (and everyone else who has chimed in on this thread) - we were incredibly, inordinately patient with Kobem. he just didn't listen - and it had nothing to do with the language barrier

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  16. Fergal1982

Look, its all very well and good wading in to defend someone you think might be being picked on, but unless you are willing to go and read the full backstory, then you clearly arent going to understand whats going on here (or more precisely, WAS going on, since its a thread over a year old). If you dont know the full story, you cant very well defend them now, can you?

However, let me simplify it, then im done since this isnt the thread for it. The OP joined the forums claiming to be studying for a specific set of exams. He subsequently asked questions that were a basic knowledge requirement for the exams he claimed to be studying. Ergo, experienced and knowledgeable members advised him that he should stop what he was studying in order to go back to basics and learn the foundations, before learning the advanced material - to learn to walk before trying to run. Time after time he repeated this cycle - asking questions that should have been basic knowledge, and ignoring the advice he was given.

Even in a few cases where he was given useful advice, he chose to ignore it and continue to ask the same question. Ignoring, again the advice when repointed to the post and told to read it. He sometimes went so far as to start a new thread asking the same question when the advice become nothing but telling him to read a post earlier in the thread, and perhaps provide the answers that were requested there - allowing us to actually give proper advice.

Now. Theres the quick re-cap. If you dont want to read all the previous history and posts, then you are going to have to trust the multiple sources indicating that this wasnt a language barrier issue.

Edit: Here are six pages of threads started by the OP. I'm sure you will begin to see a common thread: http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/search.php?searchid=2496404

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  17. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

No Fergal, I think perhaps it was just all a big misunderstanding mate! :)

18. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Kobem is a lot like prof falken. He isn't happy with the direction you point him in unless you actually do the work for him.

When he asks questions like why do we need to subet this network in one thread and then asks I have this network why do I need to subnet it in another thread and gets the same answers but replies with the eact same questions then it gets a bit tiring.

It also gets tyring when you say he should learn the basics i.e network + and get the books which will be easier to understand he says that there are no book shops in turkey and that he cant order of the internet because his credit card has been banned and he doesn't have ant friends or family that will purchase for him and he can give the money back at a later date, kind of says no I am not listening to anyones advice, either do my work for me and tell me how to pass the ccna or I'll post the exact same question again until you do.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  19. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Ok guys, lets call it quits here..... 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  20. danielno8

I havent' read any of that as this is going on way more than i ever intended. All i said is it is possible it was lost in translation (answers to technical questions). Then it was mentioned it was questions about his certpath.

Then it started going back and forth. Seriously, i don't really care about this as much as it would seem after all this back and forth. Hence why i haven't bothered trawling back.