Hey guys...

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by m_umair_85, Jun 24, 2010.

1. m_umair_85

m_umair_85 New Member

Hello guys, i am a masters student, a developer since 4-5 years and now i want to do certification in VS2010 for web development basically, didnt think of doing with windows applications...but lets talk about Web Dev..

I searched and got to know about the two thing out there which MS categrozises as MCPD and MCTS..

Which one to go with?

OK now from my point of view i saw this exam..

Exam 70-515: TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

and what about the preperation material for the Course 10264A?

Kind Regards
    Umair :)

2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

All the detail is on the MS website, no courses are strictly necessary, especially if you have experience (However its likely that you don't have much experience of VS2010 as its too new).

Heres the page :-
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-515#tab3

The exams new so looks like no prep guides yet exist, which means you will have to study the objectives and map them to resources on MSDN and elsewhere.

Scott Hanselman runs a good blog on new .NET features.

You can't stricty buy the official courseware from MS, its only available if you take a course.

Training guides (Study Books) normally exist for established exams from MS press you can buy them in a bookshop like amazon, the MS cert site even lists them under resources.

MS also now offer e-learning for some exams, but I found it left much to be desired as a method of study.

MCTS is a qualification you can earn on your way to MCPD, normally its related to one or two exams.

As a dev with 4-5 years experience and a Masters grad you should really be able to find all the stuff on the MS site.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  3. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Hi welcome to CF

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  4. m_umair_85

m_umair_85 New Member

thanks for help dmarsh...rep++

will wait for the complete establishment of this exam there are few more thing to know much better on vs2010...

till then would get books/other resources also..

:)

5. m_umair_85

m_umair_85 New Member

thanks Koptie :)

6. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster