Hey, Community!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Sequeler, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Sequeler

Sequeler Bit Poster

Hello,

My name is Onur, from Republic of Kosova. I am fourteen years old.

This was just a short introduce of myself. I am planning something like this, what do you think?

First start with -) A+ , N+
    Next to countinue with -) CCNA, MCP, MCDST
    And finish this career with -) MCSE, MCSA, and a bit Web-Programming

Nice to meet you all! :D

WIP: CCNA
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

A+, N+ and MCP, MCDST are good certs to begin with and may help you land a job but I would not do the CCNA or MCSE until you have real world experience in a job that relates to those certs because having an MCSE or CCNA without any experience can harm your job prospects.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

I would agree with GBL on the order and priority.

Things may be a bit different in your country (and you seem to be in a bit of a turmoil).

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I agree with the advice given above.

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Welcome to CF...
    Would studying for IT Certs not affect your schooling?

9. Sequeler

Sequeler Bit Poster

First this is a great pleasure to meet you all!

And thanks for welcome messages to all.

@ greenbrucelee

Your advice is pertty cool, thanks! But I am an Advanced computer user, so I have the experience of all of them. So a wanna have a good job in future so with good cash. :biggrin

I know Computer Essentials (Hardware & Software) both, Web-Prog. (php & mysql) with other base languages, Supporting people in all areas of Computer Issues and finding Solutions. Also know networking but not much as Computer Supporting.

So I have the experience of computing, but I have no experience about Jobs, I mean how they go, in all case.

I know everythin for what it is, I ask you is there anything to take out of my-cert.-list or anything I must remove from that list?

To be an IT Coordinator what is needed?
    And to work on a Internet Provider is it needed to know networking or to have any Cisco Certificate?
    And at least can someone tell me how goes the work with certs?

@ Mr.Cheeks

Not at all of course, because this is my future, so I work up with computers for nine years until today!
    And I love computing and this doesn't do anything for my school life.

Thank you!

And thanks again to all of you! :oops:

10. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

You've worked with computers since the age of 5 ? :blink

I can barely remember anything from the age of five except maybe sandpits and lego... :oops:

I would not underestimate these certifications, I'd get your first one and see how you feel before you make a big list...

If you're serious about a long term career in IT I'd reccomend a computer science degree and try and get placements between semesters. Many degrees support certification now as well, for instance if you did an IT networking degree its likely they would allow you to take CCNA.

While theres absolutely no reason for you not to learn multiple disciplines there are very practical reasons to not certify in them and cover all those cert tracks.

1. The CCNA has a three year re-cert period, effectively making it pointless unless you are a full time network engineer working with cisco kit. Otherwise it will just lapse when you don't re-cert.

2. Its not really possible in my mind to be a master of the disciplines of programming and infrastructure at the same time, theres just too much happening in both spaces, you will end up jack of all trades, master of none.

3. The cert tracks may well have changed before you even get to taking them somewhat defeating your efforts, thats the beauty of a degree. The MCSE will probably be discontinued before you achieve it.

I would therefore for now look at entry level certs for a foundation :- A+ and N+ or maybe Cisco essentials.

Then choose a track :-

General M$ support and admin :- MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCSE without several years experience is not only very difficult but also pointless.

Networking :- CCNA to start then re-evaluate, probably best to get a degree or a job first.

Programming :- Certs not that important, but whatever you fancy, maybe MCPD or SCJP. I'm not aware of PHP certs and they aren't likely to be widely recognised if they exist.

Databases :- Loads of DB/SQL certs around, again without experience somewhat pointless. Jobs can be support or development focused.

So in essence the certs, or cert track should map to a career path or discipline, now I like freedom of choice, and we are all individuals but companies like to put people in boxes... Also as mentioned doesn't matter how smart or deadicated you are there is a physical limit, and you can spread yourself too thin...

So for now I'd concentrate on building a foundation, and that includes the general education that you get from school as well. When I was at school I considered maths, engineering and science very important for my development, but also as you get older you realise how much core skills like communication are very important. Later you can choose a career after you've learnt a bit more and decided whats for you.

Best of luck ! :D

11. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:) and must say you've been given priceless spot on information. Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  12. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I agree with Dmarsh the MCSE and CCNA are pointless to you untill you leave school and start working. As I said before the MCSE and CCNA without experience may make it harder for you to get a job as employers expect experience in a job to go with those certs.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  13. Sequeler

Sequeler Bit Poster

@ dmarsh.

Many thanks to your great post. This was great helpful to me.

I want to add or to write something for this.

1. I started to work with computers from 6 years. It's the 9'th year so my birthdate is 26.04.1993 so for 1 month I'll be 15. That is the while of this.

2. After I read this post I chosed my path again but not the full path only the start what I learnt from you!

- I will start with -) A+ and N+ , and the countinue will come ready...

3. You are true that to be smart or dedicated this doesn't play a great role at Certs.
    4. And I too like these subjects Maths, Physics and English.

5. The MCSE, MCSA, MCDST, MCP and CCNA, will come later after I finish the two I mentioned before.

We will see. Hope I have a good choice for know. And thanks again for your great post. :thumbleft

@ onoski

Thanks. Hope you too will got a good place in your career. :thumbleft

@ greenbrucelee

That's true too.
    I should start with A+ and N+ than to finish these and see what I can do than to take a look at others.

And that is true the other courses do not Apply people that have no experience and who have no starting certificates.

MCSE will come later. But maybe CCNA will come after A+ and N+.

Thanks to you too. :thumbleft

14. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Also, rather than just trying to grab a bunch of potentially useless MS and Cisco certs. You might consider, if you havent already, getting your feet wet with *Linux*. There is a definite shortage of people with good linux skills in this industry. Ubuntu is a decent enough distro to start with. which you can download for free and the support forums are good too.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  15. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Advice already given is good. Like Bluerinse said, you may want to look at Linux. The point is, there are a lot of areas of IT, don't just pick Cisco and Microsoft becuase they're the catchy phrases of the day.

Welcome to the forums :cowboy

16. Sequeler

Sequeler Bit Poster

After a whole weeks, at last did my choice with a great brain poll. :)

I am really happy that I found my career that will be the best for me.

And thanks again to all who posted at this thread!

My career choice is to be an Internet Expert Certificated by Cisco.

This is my career's map:

1. Just to increase my personal knowledge I'll go to IT Essentials ( only to pass and to test myself with A+ exam ).
    2. After passing it I will go to CCNA next.
    3. Well after four short semesters when got finished I'll countinue with taking CCNP.
    4. And finally when I got pass the CCNP my not last but, my goal is to be a CCIE.

Hope this is a good choice about me. Thanks for reading.

One last question! - Can someone explain me A+ exams? (What I need for to pass?, what do you suggest?, what to learn?, etc.)

Thanks to all.