1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey all :)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by jonny4288, Dec 3, 2007.

1. jonny4288

jonny4288 New Member

Hey all,

What a great community here!

Stumbled upon this site a couple of days ago, and have found it to be very informative. I have researching mcse courses with intent to study after my A+ and CCNA final exams.

The A+ and CCNA were studied at my local college, I have passed all the modules but will need to restudy before the final exams.

I originally came here to research certs in regards to employment, as I have not got my entry level job as of yet. From reading this forum I intend to seek a entry level 1st line support role before considering any other job as I see it as a step on the career ladder.

On that note i have been struggling to find such a role, lack of experience and possibly due to my location (wales) will have to travel to england 25-30miles for more oppertunities, which is not to far fortunatly :)

WIP: CompTIA A+ / CCNA
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi Jon, and welcome to CF. Don't worry we all had to start from some where, I'd advise you go for the A+ first and start looking for helpdesk 1st roles. Best wishes:)
    Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What he said.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)
    Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009