Helpdesk & IT Support Show (London)

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by unemployedstudent, Mar 16, 2006.

1. unemployedstudent

unemployedstudent Byte Poster

Hello CF People,

The British Computer Society (B.C.S.) sent me an advert / brochure for the 'Helpdesk & IT Support Show', to be held on the 25-27 April 2006 between 0930-1630 hrs, at The National Hall Olympia, London. It's FREE ! :D

See the Link:

http://www.helpdeskshow.com/useful-information-for-visitors.php

I am hoping to attend, if only to 'network' for jobs, opportunities. I thought I would share the information with you, who may not be members of the B.C.S.

Certifications: BAISA(hons) Degree, ECDL.
    WIP: A+, CompTIA N+, CCNA
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Thanks for sharing Unemployed Student! :thumbleft

It could turn out to be a great networking opportunity for you!

3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

thanks for sharing the link with us :thumbleft. Best of luck, let us know how you get on. :)

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. Wires_are_bad

Wires_are_bad Nibble Poster

sounds good :thumbleft

Certifications: Bsc Business I.T (2:1)
    WIP: A+ and N+
  5. Jellyman_4eva

Jellyman_4eva Byte Poster

I shall be attending this..

Just wondered if anyone else was going?

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST/EDA/EA/SA/ MCSA 2K3/2K8, MCSE+M 2K3/2K8, ISA/TMG, VCP3/4, CCNA, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, A+, N+, L+, Sec+, Ser+, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL
    WIP: Lots
  6. phoenix510

phoenix510 Byte Poster

To far for me to travel mate being up here in Newcastle however if some one is willing to car share and go 50/50 on the costs then I'm ya man. If not give us some feed back here and also some links that could be of use to someone who is keen to break into the IT world

Thx

Certifications: ECDL, MOS WORD & Excel, MCDST
    WIP: A+ & 70-270
  7. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Myself & WagnerK may be attending. We are gonna run it past our manager on Thursday.

If we make it there maybe we can have a mini-CF meetup. :)

Anyone else thinking of going?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  8. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I may be going to this, what day are people thinking of going. If work will pay for the train fare I'm there. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  9. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Any1 from Birmingham up for it???

I have a car, and am willing to drive 50/50 on costs... but not on the Wednesday...

10. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

hi folks

I've been to one of these...

expect a massive show. Loads of IT bods... Loads of salespeople, so expect plenty of brushoffs if you are touting yourself. That said, some avenues may be smaller companies where the MD is present, customers themselves and if you are lucky, a salesperson may give you a lead... drop a name etc.

Bring your CV in paper and electonic format. Be able to list in 20 seconds why they should hire you. Go to the website to look for the list of stalls and target those of interest. Big companies are often hardest to hit cos they are busy and staffed by salespeople.

dress to impress. Mingle and talk to people...

just some thoughts...

oh, and there's plenty of freebies *G*

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  11. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

I might go to this as well.

We should decide on which day to go

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  12. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Guy's just a word of warning:

Beware of public sector strikes that are scheduled to happen during that week. Whilst there is no National Strike schedules there are numerous regional ones planned.

8)

13. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Looks like I'm going on the Tuesday, anyone fancy meeting for a beer or five. :) Seriously, I've some how managed to convince my employer that this will be useful, they've paid the train fare and a tube ticket to I'll be at the show for a couple of hours then I'm off for a few beers and a look around our capital.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  14. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Looks like myself and WagnerK will be going on the Thursday. Not for certain yet, but looks likely.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  15. Jellyman_4eva

Jellyman_4eva Byte Poster

In case anyone wants to meet up, I am aiming for the Tuesday.. although my manager will be in attendance, I hope to get away from them... especially for the potential handing over CV type activities!

Thanks for the pre-warning clyde... I appreciate it big time..!

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST/EDA/EA/SA/ MCSA 2K3/2K8, MCSE+M 2K3/2K8, ISA/TMG, VCP3/4, CCNA, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, A+, N+, L+, Sec+, Ser+, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL
    WIP: Lots
  16. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Following on from this I received an email about this , which, as there are several venues around the UK may be easier for some people to reach.

Look interesting? :wink:

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA