Help!

Discussion in 'A+' started by Peter, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Peter

Peter Byte Poster

:rolleyes: Hi there I am new to this forum, I am curently with Computeach and paid almost 4G is anyone else with them that finds there 90% pass mark hard to acheive, I passed the core hardware after 4 attempts but I am now struggling on the operating systems side of it. is there any light at the end of the tunnel.

cheers,

Peter.

Certifications: Elec & Eelc Eng A+
    WIP: CCNA-CCNP
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Hi Peter..I am actually doing a self study on A+ I have just read a book called A+ Complete Study Guide by David Groth and it took me about 2 months to complete. I am hoping to do the exams in about 2-3 months time once I have got the £200 needed for them but in the mean time I am doing some practice questions online and with the CD that came with the book. so I would advise getting some serious revision done. Its the only way really.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Chin up, Peter - the light you see is not an oncoming train, my friend :D

The pass mark isnt actually as high as 90%, but I believe most prep tests set it higher than the real thing, just to make sure you are well-prepared for the real thing.

Keep faith in yourself, and if you find certain sections of the material particularly hard going, make sure you understand literally one page at a time - IMHO, theres no point battering out a couple of chapters at a time, if its not going in.

HTH :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Jak..I would like to know what most of your acronyms stand for especially IMHO...I know HTH means hope this helps...but what about the other cos I am baffeled...

5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

IMHO - in my humble (or honest) opinion.

HTH :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Thank u 4 clearing that 1 up.

7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

HTH - Happy to Help. :wink:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence