Help

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by pete1, Apr 10, 2008.

1. pete1

pete1 Bit Poster

I am looking at self study and have been looking at what to do. I now about CompTIA+ and Network+ but what is VMware, which is talked about when doing self study

Thanks Pete

Certifications: ECDL
  2. stutheview

stutheview Byte Poster

Hi Pete,

VMWare is a downloaded program that allows you to install more than one operating system on to your PC, this isn't like dual booting because they are separate from the "main" OS by being in a Virtual Machine Folder on your computer. Have a look at http://www.vmware.com/ this should answer your questions. :D

HTH

Stu

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP 70-270 70-290
    WIP: 70-291
  3. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

I haven’t used VMware (or any virtual environment in a while) but here goes…
    VMware is a virtual environment where you’ll be able to build machines from the OS level and up. You won’t have control from the hardware standpoint as it is sharing hardware resources with the host machine.

With newer virtual environments, I may be a bit off. Someone will hopefully correct me where I’m wrong. :eek: