Help Zipping Files

Discussion in 'Software' started by michael78, May 31, 2006.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I have hundreds of big files that need zipping to save space. The problem is they need to be zipped individually and not together. Can I do this in one go or do I need to zip each file one by one. I would like to be able to highlight all the files and drag and drop them and for them to be zipped keeping their original names ie file1.doc = file1.zip etc.

If anyone knows how to do this could you let me know. Cheers in advance...:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

*using winrar*
    highlight some of the files (or all) and then right click add to archive, choose a name, select the format (zip), click on browse to make sure of the location and thats it....

cant remember winzip way as i have not used it in a very long time...

edit: mis read your post - btw: i dont think it will save that much space, cant you dump them on cd / dvd? or if your hdd is NTFS use the compress util...

3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Cheers CheekMaster I found an option to archive each file seperatly. I want them zipped as I just prefer zipping my data.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Could you not just compress the files using Windows??

Edit: Just read CM's post and he's already suggested that :oops:

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong