Help with study

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by suhaibumer, Apr 9, 2012.

1. suhaibumer

suhaibumer New Member

Hi,

Just been offered a IT Tech job role, but problem is they told me to do my exams before the 28th April, because im flying out for 3 weeks.

The training material is atleast 80-90 hours worth, but all the stuff is not sticking in my head. I have to do the 270 and 290 exam.

I was wondering if anyone can share the best method for studying or approaching this exam. Any information will be helpfull. What can you suggest from your exam experience?

Thank You

2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

A magic wand perhaps? It is possible to pass these two exams in that time frame but what you will retain after such a short period is it worth it? Why are they dictating the time scale?

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Hopefully you already know the knowledge but its a simple case of cramming it in:

6-10 hour revision days, read the books as well as find any other video resources. I find watching them 2x is better to keep me engaged.

Purchase exam practice papers for 4 days before the exam.

Use the last day to touch up on anything that is weak - your practice exams should highlight your areas of weakness.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010