Help with processor details

Discussion in 'A+' started by billo2310, Feb 2, 2008.

1. billo2310

billo2310 New Member

just wondering if anyone could tell me of any techniques they might of used to memorise this stuff i think the rest of everything is going in but the cpu specs your expected to learn is just a vast amount of info

cheers in advance guys

billo.

WIP: studying towards A+ (601 + 602)
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome

I don't think the full CPU details are needed for the A+ just what speed they are and wattage, I wouldnt take any notice of the rest of it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

There does seem a lot of information to try and absorb in the course - simply don't!
    Remember the minimum and recommended requirements for each OS, and have an appreciation for what processor would be for what use.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. Mark-K

Mark-K Bit Poster

This is one of the areas I'm also having problems remembering, are you sure you don't need to memorise CPU stats? I've seen various qusetions on practice tests dealing with cache and sockets.

Certifications: CCNA, JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP
    WIP: JNCIE
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yes remembering sockets is a good idea, but you wont need to know if the chip is 65nm or 45nm.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

As mentioned above remembering which processor fits which socket is the most I learned for the exam. I can't even remember if I had a question on this, however if its in the objectives, take some time to learn them!

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+