1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With My Resume

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Professor-Falken, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

Here is the resume I am needing help with. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks again,

Professor Falken
    Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Unless you want the whole world to know your address and your Phone number I'd suggest taking them out of the version you have attached! :biggrin
  3. Rostros22

Rostros22 Kilobyte Poster

I agree with Simon!

My advice (and this is my personal view) is that you can’t have one cv. You need to write a cv that is specific to the job that you are going for. In no way am I saying make up a cv for a job but orientate it towards the job description.

For example…

In recent months I have applied for a range of jobs in the IT sector, some are support based and some and sales based etc. For the support based roles I emphasise on my team work ability, troubleshooting skills and so on. For a sales role I attempt to portray my people skills and knowledge of targets.

My advice is to have a solid base for a cv and then a couple of alternate cv’s for specific jobs.

Also having a good cover letter is essential to get in the interview room.

I am sure there are people here better qualified to give you advice but I hope this helps.

Certifications: ITIL Certs, F.A.S.T Auditor Certs
    WIP: None - Application with Police