Help with me CV??

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by paulwatson5, Sep 24, 2013.

1. paulwatson5

paulwatson5 Byte Poster

Hi everyone, i have been looking for my first IT job for about 18 months now and im starting to think that my CV may need changed. Maybe its not laid out right, maybe its full of rubbish...

Can anyone have a look at it for me and give me a few pointers as to where im going wrong?

I have been in my current role for 10 years now and never needed a CV since then.

Thanks VERY much for anyone who can help me out with this.

Attached Files:

Certifications: CompTIA A+ (220-701 & 220-702)
    WIP: CompTIA Network +
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Ok... first thing that leaps out is this is YOUR CV, don't write in the third person it just sounds weird.

I'll take a proper look at the rest later on but that should get you started!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I actually don't have an issue with third person CVs as long as its use is consistent. Jumping between first and third all the way through is a problem. Here's a few of my thoughts. Haven't had the time to try a rewrite yet. View attachment CV Template response.doc

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. paulwatson5

paulwatson5 Byte Poster

Can anyone help with this please?

5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I've uploaded a .doc with a load of comments on for you already... or were they terrible suggestions?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. paulwatson5

paulwatson5 Byte Poster

Sorry, when i first opened the attachemnt when you first posted it i couldnt see any changes, must have had the review thing disabled. Now that i downloaed it and saved it, i can see the many suggestions. Thanks very much, quite a bit of stuff to change it seems. Thank you!!!