Help with IPv4 Subnet question on 70-680 exam please!

Discussion in 'Networks' started by olp01, Mar 1, 2013.

1. olp01

olp01 New Member

Hi all 8)

I'm doing well with practice exams, but I'm spending far too much time trying to work this one question out and it's just not clicking with me.
    When I google it I get even more complicated explanations which make it worse!

What isn't clicking with me is why does the range start from 33 and not 1?

If someone can explain that in like 1 quick easy English sentence I will be extremely grateful.

2. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

The network has been configured with a dhcp range of 1925.168.2.33-192.168.2.62, this is why it doesn't start from the base numbers... by looking at the options available to answer, it therefore has to be B 192.168.2.40 as this is the only IP that fits within the range.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  3. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

And that's out of a dump. Stop cheating and learn something.

4. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Just to expand a little on Shadows post, in order for the range to begin at .1 as you expected, the subnet mask would have to have been 255.255.255.0, or /24 in CIDR notation.

In the example, the router's internal address is using 255.255.255.224 (/27 in CIDR notation) subnet mask, which as the working shows in the example, requires the computers address to be in the range beginning .33.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know this is a cheating package? And to be fair to him - although he may have been misguided and finds himself with a braindump package, the fact he has posted this question shows he IS TRYING to learn something.

If you know this to be a dump, perhaps advising him of the fact rather than just rounding on him like that it would be better. There are plenty people out there, especially those new to the certification industry who just aren't aware of the existence of braindumps.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Dump or not, and I am not sure that it is, it is though copyright material and as such should not have been posted onto the forum. By all means re-write the question, putting it into your own words, but don't C&P.

No infraction this time, but I will be removing it from view after you've had time to see this.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong