Help with CCNA study material please

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by Georgiesickjitz, May 31, 2011.

1. Georgiesickjitz

Georgiesickjitz Byte Poster

Hi all, I have recently gained my first role within the I.t industry, it is for a computer game development company in Portsmouth. The role is as an assistant I.T technician. Before I had the job, I began to study for the mcitp, but after speaking with my manager he suggested the CCNA, which is originally what i wanted to do in the first place,but was told it would hinder me getting a job. Any way all is going very well.

Can any one please point me in the right direction,regarding study material,videos,books and simulators please.

Cheers,

Georgie

Certifications: CompTIA A+,CompTIA Network
    WIP: CCNA
  2. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Hi,

Some:

CCENT Study Group forum I find good for such resources - https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/groups/ccent-study-group
    Practise Subnet questions - subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online

Check out craigie‎ posts that are stickied at the top! brilliant :)

Good luck :)

Last edited: May 31, 2011
    Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  3. Georgiesickjitz

Georgiesickjitz Byte Poster

Thankyou,I will take a look. Very much appreciated.

Certifications: CompTIA A+,CompTIA Network
    WIP: CCNA
  4. antivoucher

antivoucher New Member

Hey Richard Deal is the best book to study

5. certnerd

certnerd Bit Poster

Have you considered doing a Cisco Network Academy course at a local college.

I did mine at the Network Academy in leeds (can't post a link yet - but google will help)

I did all of CCNA and CCNP for the cost of just ICND1 at global rip off.

Instructor led course, plenty of lab time on real gear and plenty of like minded students to work with.