Help with 2006 objectives

Discussion in 'A+' started by Gingerbeard, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard Bit Poster

Hi All,

I have set my first target certificate as the A+, I have been reviewing the objectives, in particular the difference between the 2003 and 2006 objectives, combining the OS and hardware into the Essentials exam seems to make perfect sense, I can appreciate the differences between 602, 603 and 604, what I can't get a handle on is the difference between the Essentials exam and 602, 603 and 604, the Essential objectives seem to cover everything on the the others.

The only conclusion I have come to is that 602, 603 and 604 offer more depth in thier respective areas but in the absence of any available study material it is hard to be sure about that.

Can anyone else make sense of it?, I am thinking that taking the Essentials and 602 would be sensible but I can only get self study material for the 2003 objectives so I think I will be fine for the Essentials exam its the 602 exam that concerns me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

Certifications: GCSE in Computer Science, HNC in Manufac
  2. Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard Bit Poster

Ok, I have now found the Sybex book, a bit disappointed after already shelling out for a 2003 all in one cert guide, should have spent more time looking!

3. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

you still have enough time to take the 2003 exam.

Certifications: A+ Network+
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Ginger,

Mal is right; you have until March '07 to take 301 and 302 in the UK.

Good luck.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard Bit Poster

Thanks for the replies, I can only find e-Academy listed as a test centre in Cardiff / Newport area, I have contacted them and they are only offering the 2003 objectives until 31st December do you know of any others?

6. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

are you going to do this self study or are you going to do this via a training provider.

7. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Ginger,

Barry College is a Pearson Vue test centre too.
    Check with Comptia, but I am sure I read that the 301 and 302 can be taken in the UK until the end of march 2007. If this is correct, i cannot see why the test centre is only offering them unitl the end of 2006.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  8. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

probably they (the college) need to get their shi7 together for the new objectives.

9. Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard Bit Poster

I am planning on self study, I have actually started, so far doing quite well, managing at least a hour a day and a couple on the weekends.

Thanks for the tip about Barry College, I will check with them and let you know.

Appreciate everyone's comments and help.