1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please - in choosing the right career path

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by SHOWxSTOPPA, Dec 22, 2011.

SHOWxSTOPPA New Member

Sorry if i have posted this under the wrong Topic.

I am highly interested in IT and looking to do apprenticeship in IT. I have come across 2 different companies currently having apprenticeship vacancies.
    First one will gain me COMPTIA, and the network side whilst the other is on the software engineering side. Honestly spaking i am not more into coding and programming side but even though i am more willing to learn ...

Now i want to know which 1 will be more better for future as in when applying for jobs ... Which one has got a greater demand in the market ? When browsing for jobs, i noticed that networking has a greater demand but i still need some advice from the certforums experts. Also which course will have a better paid job ..

Please help

Many thanks in advance

2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I would apply for both.
    If you're not really in to coding though it might be best to concentrate on support rather than development. The CompTIA A+ and (I assume) the Network+ are a good place to start for the support side of things. Add in an MS client exam or two plus your on-the-job experience and you'd be in a good position after you finish your apprenticeship.
    Which route will earn you more money is entirely down to your aptitude and attitude throughout your working life, perhaps with a little bit of right-place, right-time thrown in. If you don't feel you have the aptitude for programming but you do for support, you'll probably earn more (and be happier) doing support.
    Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster