1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Gez0660, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Gez0660

Gez0660 Bit Poster

Hi all,

Can anybody suggest prior reading prior attending a N+ and CCNA course.
    In particular at learning about the OSI model and TCP/IP

Cheers

Gerard

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2009
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

How about this: Doing it in Layers - Part I - The beginners' guide to the OSI Model and this: TCP/IP for Beginners - Making sense of the most popular protocol suite

-Ken

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
    Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. Gez0660

Gez0660 Bit Poster

Thanks Ken,

What i was after was a book (hopefully a title) for the OSI model for begginners so i can get to grips and understand, and secondly another book for the TCP / IP topic(s)

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Gerard

4. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

To be honest, when I first started out (many years ago), I just used the MSPress Network+ Readiness review guide after I studied and passed the A+. That was enough to give me the kowledge. Ok, I was working as a tech already though. But I didn't have proper knowledge of TCP/IP or the OSI model then.

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  5. bt nazeer

bt nazeer New Member

Certifications: C&G networking Level3
    WIP: CCNA
  6. Gez0660

Gez0660 Bit Poster

thanks fellas