Help needed to book my test

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by aestudiar, Aug 27, 2012.

1. aestudiar

aestudiar Byte Poster

Hello,
    I passed the essentials last Christmas, but have been too busy to sit the second one (finishing my BEng (Hons)) at the moment, with the computing project based on AI applied to IDS/IPS.
    I booked the first one with Vue, and then bought the voucher for the second with Prometric. The problem is that the Prometrics's website is a mess to find a suitably near centre. I live in Crawley (not far from Gatwich airport), does anyone know any (current) testing centre nearby?
    I've been searching online and there used to be a place called Ada Systems, but it's not in Prometric's database any longer.

Can anyone help with this?

2. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

I had the same problem when I first booked with Prometric - I believe I ended up having to look at every page.

3. aestudiar

aestudiar Byte Poster

And did you find any?

4. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Yeah, but then I live in South Wales. (so I basically knew it was Cardiff, Swansea, Newport when I didn't find any in the local area etc)

5. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I thought CompTIA dropped Prometric as a test centre?

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  6. aestudiar

aestudiar Byte Poster

I hope not, as I already paid for the voucher. :cry:

7. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

8. aestudiar

aestudiar Byte Poster

That's bad news, though I got this reply from Prometric recently:

Hi,

The expiration date of your A+ voucher is 9/18/2012. You must register and take your exam before the expiration date. Thank you!

Best regards,

Voucher Team
    GraceTech Solutions
    [email protected]
    CompTIA Vouchers - A+ Certification Exam CompTIA Voucher Test Discount at Prometric / VUE Testing Centers

So hopefully there's still time for me to book it, and pass it.
    Has anyone heard of 'The British Institute of Technology and eCommerce'? They seem to have a Prometric centre in Avicenna House, London.

9. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

When I had a look earlier, I think there were two in Wokingham. Is that any closer? Plus they might have parking facilities. Not sure if Crawley is on the tube?

10. aestudiar

aestudiar Byte Poster

Thanks ade1982, though I would prefer to sit the exam in London. Does anyone know of a place in London?? :rolleyes: Time is running thin...

11. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

12. aestudiar

aestudiar Byte Poster

Thanks again ade! Though both links are the same. Do you happen to remember that centre's name in London?
    In the second link there's no CompTIA listed. :cry:

13. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Actually, on looking for that centre, I appear to have found a map! (not sure on how accurate / up to date it is)

Prometric Sites

I know it's not 100% complete, as it doesn't have my preferred test centre (and also where I am going on a course tomorrow.)

Also, check that Prometric are still doing it, as I'm sure that Comptia only do Pearson now. There was an article on it here at the time they did it.

14. aestudiar

aestudiar Byte Poster

Thanks ade.
    I've found this on the Gracetech solutions website (where I purchased my voucher):

'Will I be able to use Prometric vouchers that I have already bought?
    Prometric vouchers for CompTIA exams may be used to schedule an exam with Prometric through July 8, 2012. From July 9, 2012, unused Prometric vouchers that have not expired will be valid in the Pearson VUE system and you must schedule your exam with Pearson VUE.'

I will email them and see if I can book with VUE. I booked the Essentials easily with Pearson VUE last year, so I'd be glad.

- - - Updated - - -

Update:
    Though Prometric is no longer holding CompTIA exams, any vouchers bought previously that are not expired are valid with Pearson VUE.
    I must say VUE's site is much better organised and making a booking is very easy (especially when compared to the Prometric one).
    My test is now booked: 14 September.
    I better start revising right now...