help me please, A+ trainee LSCE fakes

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by B0331E, Mar 16, 2009.

1. B0331E

B0331E New Member

:( do not go on a course run by

LONDON SCHOOL OF COMPUTER EDUCATION offices liverpool st and baker street. Just another training provider whose sole interest is 'The amount of heads through the door'

After Care, ha ha ha ha, i've been trying to get hold of my tutor for two months. When i telephone all thosekids wanna do is offer me another course..

Back to my plea of help, are there any tutors or trainers uk based, london based would be even better, to advise or assist with the A+ course, I am willing to pay if the terms are agreeable.
    Any advice on learning aids, like memory tools, i am of advancing years, and all the abuse i have subjected my body to has taken effect in my brain, (short term memory), coupled with the 6 days a week work schedule. I do know a few things but the computer world has decided to distance itself from reality and formed a whole new language and ethos... trust me i work with so called IT professionals daily.

take care all

Certifications: old school ones
    WIP: A+ comptia
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome:)

Have you thought about self study? you do not really have to do a course.

You could buy the books get a spare computer and practice what you need to know and learn.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

You're not still abusing anything are you? :blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. B0331E

B0331E New Member

:rolleyes: no I am not still being naughty, I've grown up now, touching 40...
    As for self study this was my next course of action. I have the SYBEX deluxe edition A+ complete study guide, but for some strange reason it's so thick the book frightens me. I believe i am going to purchase Mike Meyers A+ complete ALLINONE, this book looks more welcoming, and from reviews much more user friendly.

My next step is to learn each subject in the sillybus :rolleyes: reading one or two chapters per week..

then i will sit the exam
    sounds good in practice, and I know it's excuses ringing out, BUT working six days a week, day 7 being a day of mummification, the mind is willing but the body is weak, i need a personal tutor, am willing to pay, I need guidance and a karate chop to the jaw bone to get going

any thoughts???

Certifications: old school ones
    WIP: A+ comptia
  5. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Well every field has its fair share of cowboys unfortunately.

I think you will find that most of it is quite logical and straight forward. There are acronyms and special terms in any profession, at least we don't use latin like lawyers !

Most of the terms are based on logic and metaphors, Windows, Desktop, Folders, Port, Socket, Archive, Memory, Kernel, Ethernet, Browser, all these words and many more have fairly obvious derivations/origins when you look into it. In fact many are now in common usage in the english language.

Acronyms when they are used are often used to avoid quite wordy descriptions of technologies and not just for the point of it like in many compaines I've worked.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'new ethos', work hard, never quit, apply yourself, attention to detail, problem solving, again could apply to many industries.

6. smartie

smartie New Member

Hi there,

Just saw your post on this place, LSCE... as i was suspecting they could not be as transparent as they make out...
    i was looking at doing a web design course there, and went in to look at facilities and before i knew it he was trying to get me to pay for the whole course up front!..put me off.
    what course did u do there?

7. IT newbie

IT newbie Bit Poster

Hi

I saw this post and have to reply even though its years old!! I have to refute the suggestions that LSCE are fakes or bad.

I am a mature career changer. I researched thoroughly the training providers and decided upon LSCE. I asked loads and loads of questions on the courses, work opportunities etc. I rang them up and others everyday with new questions for about two or three weeks prior. I decided on what I wanted dependent upon my personality and past experiences.

Of course, they want money. Every thing costs money. It's not free. It's up to the person to know exactly what they want and how to ask for it. I wanted a training provider because I have little practical experience and to meet others amongst other things.

I have just finished (April) the A+ 6 week course which was intensive and enjoyable. The tutor gave us a mass of multimedia resources for further study including the Sybex book and CD. It was well worth the money. The tutor was very knowledgeable and the class was small.

I was delighted when the advisor who I spoke to and advised me initially rang me up the week before the course finished for a job opportunity!! However because of my lack of experience I decided that I wanted a volunteer position. A week later I was offered a IT support position on a volunteer basis initially, in a school, just so I can get some experience. When I went there, I found out that IT Manager and assistant are past students of LSCE.

I will be taking the A+ exam shortly and have already paid for the Network+ at LSCE. So ultimately, in my opinion, LSCE are not fakes, scams or bad. I am very happy with them. Look at their reviews!

8. Harry1

Harry1 New Member

Hi

I'm sorry but the above post is rubbish and probably posted by someone connected to LSCE.
    The company is probably the worst training organisation I have ever come across.
    DO NOT BUY A COURSE FROM THEM.

This week BCOC, a company very closely affiliated with LSCE went bankrupt. All students attending course at LSCE, that were booked through BCOC have lost their money. It would not be a big surprise if LSCE follows BCOC into liquidation, in my opinion.

Courses run by LSCE are regularly cancelled, training days are missed, and compensation is not forth coming. This is probably the worst run training organisation to advertise themselves as being affiliated to reputable software companies.
    We will be contacting Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle and other organisations that LSCE state affiliation with, to inform them of the lack of service and unprofessional operation they are conducting.
    I am an ex-Microsoft internal training developer and Microsoft will be my first point of call. I will suggest that they drop all association with LSCE and their sister companies.

I can not say this enough, after my experience with this company I would suggest that nobody gives them any money.....ever. You will probably never see it again and you certainly won't get the service you are paying for.

9. dren

dren New Member

Does anyone know if they are closed for good? I went to their Baker street office on Monday and there is a notice on the door to email help at bcoc co uk for advice. I did that on Monday eve and still no responce 3 days later.

I studied an Exchange 2003 course there a few years ago and found it to be ok. I was enrolled through London college dot comm to do an MCITP course that started 31st Oct.
    I convinced the company I work for to pay the £1500 the course cost and now I am looking at the possibility of having to say to them I may have lost their money!!!

Does anyone have any information about what is going on?

Thanks

10. combrincks

combrincks New Member

IT Newbie! What a joke man. You probably work for LSCE!

There is nothing wrong with trying to make money, and training centres are good business. But LSCE are only interested in your money and care nothing about you. The only problem is that there will always be more students that don't understand English very well that will keep places like those in business.

Stay away from the London School of Computer Education (LSCE)!!!

11. Harry1

Harry1 New Member

Hi dren

Yes, they are closed for good. We received an email from them stating that they had stopped trading.
    I suggest that your employers contact their bank and request a charge back for the services not provided. They can also contact consumer direct as I have done and file a complaint with them.

12. dren

dren New Member

OK, thanks.
    Can anyone recommend a classroom based MCITP course in London?

13. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

:mrgreen:

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  14. dexter_m

dexter_m New Member

Wow guys, that was real good help letting us know about the truth behind LSCE....i was thinking on taking up a course in IT with LSCE. Iam from India looking for an IT career abroad. Wanted to do a certification course(on tier 4 general - student UK visa) for 6-8 months + part-time and then switch to tier 2 UK work permit once i secure a job offer. Can anyone suggest a good college in London which offers IT short-term courses (6-8months duration)? Ex. RHCE, RHEL 5.5/6 Administration.

If anyone would like to know about self paced prepping for A+, Network+, CCNA, MCSE or MCTS 2008 (any network engineering & system admin) along with easily obtainable video CBT's, please let me know. In return kindly guide me with details regarding my career plan abroad.

15. jaymeariel

jaymeariel New Member

Hi Dren

I never recieved an e-mail from them at all stupidly I paid £4000.00 for a huge bundle of courses and by the time I got round to the CCNP they have been impossible to get hold of, it now makes sense that they are closed.

Surely thats a breach of contract, luckily I kept receipts and I am talking to my bank in relation to getting a charge back, every single course I took there was utterly poor, the LSCE members of staff could barely speak english let alone offer a service good enough to warrant a £4000.00 payment.

Are there administrators appointed to handle individual cases with creditors.

16. jaymeariel

jaymeariel New Member

Hi Harry

How did you find out they have closed I have been ringing BCOC and LSCE every day for a month they owe me £2200.00 for the CCNP course I paid for.

I was told by various solicitors that they should contact all there creditors to notify us if they are closing down, I haven't recieved any such e-mail or phone call.

Do you know if there is administrators looking after the case.

Surely its against the law to take peoples money and offer no service for it

Jamie

17. StudentMan

StudentMan New Member

I enrolled on MCPD training programme and paid £1900 to BCOC in Aug 2011, the course started in Sept 2011, after 4 lectures, we (all students) requested refunds because of the quality of service we received . We all submitted refund application forms and the next thing we heard is that the school has ceased operation.

18. richrolls

richrolls Bit Poster

19. Chris51

Chris51 New Member

Hi Harry, my name is Chris and I'm in the same position as you except that I never received an email confirming the college had closed. My mum paid for my 2 year course with Bickenhall College of Computing using her credit card. She paid £5500 - no small sum. The credit card company want us to provide evidence that Bickenhall college closed in order to settle our dispute. Would you please send a copy of your email to my email address: willc021(at)rbwm.org

I would be eternally grateful for your help in this desperate situation.

Kind regards, Chris.

20. Modesty

Modesty New Member

Harry thank you very much because this LSCE is fraud. I paid them money for an oracle 11g since last year and they made away with my money without any training.