Help me out please ...

Discussion in 'A+' started by crankypunk, Jan 24, 2007.

1. crankypunk

crankypunk New Member

Hi everyone,
    I have a question that is killing me and have yet to get an answer from Prometric's support.
    When i went for my Hardware exam i had registered on their site and then i passed my exam and got my papers to show that i passed and they are signed by the local test center. Now last week i finaly wanted to go for my Software exam and decided to log in Prometric's website to reserve my seat ... for some weird reason my login wasnt working anymore (would not accept my email) so i register again with that email and they creat a new account ... i take the exam pass it also get my papers printed out and signed at the test center ... now i have 2 papers proving i passed both exams but the ID is not the same on both exams but my personal info is Name and all that stuff. So today i loged in prometric's site and see history of exams to make sure its all fine ... but i only see O/S results in there. I emailed them about it yet no answer ... does it realy mather with what accounts and how many i did ? or just as long as its the same name ill get my Certification in 6 weeks like they say ?

Any help would be greatly apreciated :)

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

To be safe, call Prometric and see if they can combine everything under one account for you. If they don't give you any love, send CompTIA an e-mail to see if they can help you get everything straightened out.

A few years ago, Vue automatically created two logins for me. Half the vendor certifications (like, Microsoft, CompTIA, and Sun) were in one account, and half (like, Cisco, Check Point and Novell) were in the other. When I called to ask them to combine the accounts into one account so I wouldn't have to remember two usernames and two passwords, they said they couldn't do it. So I had a simple solution: I didn't use Vue.

Two years later, all my information magically appeared under one account. So I started using Vue again.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. crankypunk

crankypunk New Member

Does that mean if they tell me no im screwed and wont get my certification ?? that would suck royaly my job is depending on it at the moment :( ... i will call them up tomorrow morning thx for the info

4. BosonMichael

No, I'm sure they'll be able to work it out. And, after all, you do have two score reports that state you passed...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

They should be to sort it out for you. But there is a good lesson to be learned here for others. Whenever you pass an exam, keep your results sheets, as mistakes can happen.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. C_Eagle

C_Eagle Byte Poster

That's sound advice...........................I binned mine! doh.

After hearing that I'm going to make sure I hang onto them!

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, 70-270
    WIP: MCSA 70-290
  7. BosonMichael

Attempt to get copies. You never know when they'll lose their data and need proof that you've passed. Only YOU are fully responsible for you.